TWENTY / Arlong The Saw.

EPISODE 06 : THE CHEF & THE CHORE BOY( Arlong The Saw )

( Arlong The Saw )

USOPP FINDS BOTH Estrella and Luffy in Nami's room, where they silently watch Zoro.

Estrella chooses to take a seat farther away from the green-haired man, allowing Luffy time to murmur his stories and smile in a way that didn't reach his eyes.

The straw hat is distraught — He smiles and he laughs, but beneath his pearly white teeth is a disgusting phlegm of doubt that keeps rising further and further up his throat.

Nami saves Estrella from having to watch the scene in front of her, her voice carrying through the wooden walls.

"Luffy!" She calls for their captain from within the ship, and Estrella follows after him when he leaves Zoro.

The longer she stays by the man's side, the more her limbs feel glued to the chair, unable to rise and escape what she fears is consuming her.

Nami and Sanji stand in the kitchen, a good seven feet apart. The orange-haired woman gnaws on a piece of her hair, fingers curling and rubbing the strand together vigorously.

"The Arlong Pirates are at Baratie. We have to leave now." She pleads, and for the first time since Estrella has known Nami, the fear bleeds through her mask and etches onto her face.

Luffy looks at the woman, confused. "What? Why? Why should we leave?"

Nami stares at him, swallowing slightly. "Because they're looking for you."

"Me?" The straw hat raises a finger to dig into his bare chest.

"And the map." The tangerine-haired woman says irritably before turning to Sanji. "Those fishmen will tear this place apart if Zeff doesn't turn him over."

The blonde says nothing, only walks at a brisk pace out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Usopp asks, his voice catching slightly in his throat.

Sanji pauses. "If Baratie's in danger I need to be there."

Luffy gives the taller man a nod. "I'm coming with you."

Nami looks around the crew, her eyes growing dimmer as the seconds tick by. "Did you not hear what I just said? They are hunting you. We need to run."

"I'm with Nami on this one." Usopp chimes in his agreement. "I'm not really trying to ruffle any feathers or scales —"

"I'm not running." Luffy interrupts, eyebrows stern. "We're going to protect this place."

"This isn't your fight," Sanji states. "Why would you do that?"

The captain grins like it's the most obvious answer in the world. "You fed us."