Kid ~ Ch3

3rd Point Of View

"(Y/n)!" A voice called out cheerfully, "I'm glad to see that you could make it!" The girl turned around to see a man named Ruko, a middle aged supervisor of one of the most infamous bounty hunters. (Y/n) looked up to him a lot, having rightfully earned his respect and his place in society within this company of mercenaries that they both worked for. Ruko was one of the founders of this company and also had been (Y/n)'s mentor for the past two years.

(Y/n) joined this company of mercenaries two years ago on a whim- on a need to feel insignificant. Here, her clan and family name were irrelevant. Here, you made your way to the top based on experience and knowledge. That's why (Y/n) preferred it here. She wasn't training to be out on the field like she does as a jujustu sorcerer, here she was training to be the one in control- the pulling the strings and giving out the orders to the bounty hunters who done all the dirty work.

Of course, nobody knew that this was what she done in her free time because nobody cared. As long as (Y/n) was there when they needed her, they didn't care what she done on the side.
"I wouldn't miss it." (Y/n) smiled softly, bowing her head slightly with respect as Ruko stepped closer to her.
"What was so important that you had to summon me last minute anyway?" (Y/m) then asked curiously, admittedly having found it odd that they called her in so suddenly. Usually, she was told about a meeting two days in advance.

"Well, actually we've got a new hunter working with us." Ruko told the girl, making (Y/n)'s brow raise. It was rare that company officials talked to (Y/n) about specific hunters- their information was almost always classified to that specific hunter and their supervisor.
"A new hunter?" (Y/n) echoed, "Is he any good?" This was a question that would tell (Y/n) everything she needed to know. If he replied with something useful, then something was going on. If he gave her a vague answer or avaded the question, then things were as it normally is.

"We're not sure yet- but I guess it'll be your job to find out." Ruko grinned, making (Y/n) freeze. Wait...what? Surely that didn't mean what she thought it did.
"You're...making me a supervisor?" (Y/n) asked him with wide, suprised eyes.
"Mhm. Honestly, the man's got a bit of an attitude problem and apparently none of our available supervisors could handle him- so I recommend you to the board and they agreed." Ruko told her, pride beaming in his voice.

"But if nobody else can handle him, then what makes you think I can do it?" (Y/n) the man incredulously, her eyes wide.
"You're young, and young people are incredibly mean without even trying- my daughter included. So, I'm sure you can take him." Ruko replied as he gave the girl a thumbs up, making (Y/n) pause with confusion. She didn't have the heart to tell them that that wasn't how generations worked- that not every young person was mean and especially not her.

"(Y/n), don't worry about it. This promotion was long overdue anyway, you couldn't stay my mentee forever. You deserve this." Ruko chuckled proudly, placing a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder which made her grin.
"Thank you." (Y/n) smiled, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" The girl's gratitude turned into childish excitement in mere seconds, making her bounce up and down before rushing to the meeting room where the members of the board were probably already waiting for her, leaving Ruko behind in the hallway.

Ruko chuckled as he watched (Y/n) run off excitedly and rush into the meeting room, making him shake his head.
"She really is still just a kid." He mumbled to himself with amusement before following her inside. Upon entering, he realised that everyone was indeed already here, having only been waiting for him and (Y/n).

"Ah, you two finally showed up." A woman of the board named Nayuki chuckled, moving to Ruko to shake his hand before giving (Y/n) a comforting pat on the head. Everyone here saw (Y/n) as their work child, since she was the only one in her twenties- everyone either in their late thirties or much higher. Nayuki for example was in her early fourties- though didn't look a day over thirty.