Chapter 1 _ The Secrets

Barbra was walking up to her room.
The 52 year old billionaire, living in Rockridge, California, holds a secret in her heart. The unpleasant feeling, aching her heart to keep it in.

Barbra decides to tell her son the secret tomorrow when she'll be visiting him in San Francisco.

"Good moring Mrs. Walter" says the caregiver to Barbra as Barbra  was doing her makeup for the day.
"Oh, well good morning maybelle!" Barbra exclaimed.

While driving down to San Francisco, the thought of telling her son is filling her mind with unsureness and doubt. She starts to question the decision, her heart starts to race with anxiety.
She starts to listen to the voices in her head telling her to not say anything to her son.
Yet theres this one little voice, this one voice, so strong it drowns out all of the voices holding her back.
She decides to listen to that one little voice, telling her to tell the truth.

Upon arriving at her son's house, Barbara shouted, "Oh Mark! Have I missed you, my son!"
With a smile on Mark's face, he hugs his mother and takes her inside.
The thought ran through her head to tell him the secret. Oh how she wanted to tell her boy the truth. She thought maybe she should tell him that he'd be the only one to inherit everything she owns, maybe that would ease the truth she's been keeping.

As Barbra sat there with some doubt still in her mind, she says, "Mark, well my son, I'm not a spring chicken any-"
Mark stops his mother by saying "What?! Mother, you're in your prime! You still have a long life ahead of you. You're only 52."
Barbra smiles and continues her sentence,
"Like I said, I'm not that young and I want you to know that you will inherit all of my assets"
as she said that, the idea of telling him of the secret slipped her mind, like a theif.

Not long after, Barba left her son's household and went back to the mansion in Rockridge.

As she lays in bed that night, her thought comes back up, the thought that she had to tell her son the truth.
This kept on going for days. She doubted not telling him, then yet she was too scared to tell anyone anyways.

As the days go by. The older she gets, the closer to her end.

She decides to write the secret down in a letter, since then it would be easier to tell her son without having to actually tell him.
She hid the letter under her white, 1943, vintage vanity mirror that her mother left her.

The next moring, Maybelle, the caretaker, was with Kimberly, Barbra's best friend since Highschool.
Kimberly had come to visit Barbra, since they haven't seen eachother for quite some time.
Maybelle was telling Kimberly how much Barbra talked about their 'Fun Highschool Days'. But Barbra hasn't come down from her room all day. Maybelle started calling her to come downstairs because there was a surprise for her. Barbra didn't even answer a word.

Now Kimberly and Maybelle starts to panic for its now been 10 minutes of waiting. Maybelle decides to go upstairs to Barbara's room, right as she goes upstairs, she sees the bathtub overflowing, "Oh dear! Mrs. Walter, are you in there? Are you okay?" Maybelle is filled with fear.
Maybelle went inside the bathroom to see that no one was there. She shut off the water and goes to Barbra's room.

She enters Barbra's room and sees Barbra passed out on the bed, head facing down. She look at Barbra and says " Mrs. Walter? Are you okay?"
She turns Barbra around, just to see she was in fact not sleeping, but to see a knife that punctured her stomach, making it look like she fell unto the knife.

Maybelle runs downstairs, gets the phone and calls the police, as she stands in shock. She starts to panic.
The police answers the call.
Maybelle starts talking and telling the police what happened, the police department went over as quick as possible when they heard that one of the richest people in Rockridge was dead.
Now, Kimberly hearing all this decides to break down in tears, she can't believe her only best friend is gone!

Maybelle calls for Catherine, Barbra's daughter and, Mark, Barbra's son.
They both arrive just as the police announces that the death was a suicide.