22.The Proposal (finale)

"What?"

________________________________________________________________________

I take a deep breath and look at Nate.

Now's your only chance Natalie.

You can do this....

Breathe....

Breathe....

Bre-

"You know, you're not paying for any of this right?"Nate says, bringing me back to my world.

My world of misery I suppose.

"What?"

"This place is reserved for like"he pauses and looks at the wall clock"20 minutes before the public can get in here"he says coldly.

"Whoa,chill ok?"I snap.

"What do you want?"

Say it...

"I need a favour from you"I smile sweetly.BUT note, everything I'm doing is fake.

"A favour?what is it?"he smirked, arching his eyebrow.

"I need to act like my boyfriend,so that the guy I used to like, will think that I've moved on and I'm okay.Just for two months..pleeaassse."I say in one breath.

Nate's eyebrows knot in the centre,as if he was thinking through about something.He looks at me, a smirk playing on his face.

"No"

I look at him dumbstruck.What was I expecting?

Oh Davis,I'll be your knight in shining armour of course?

"What why?"I wine.

"Because,I don't like you,and I don't help people with anything.Not even my relatives"he says with an icy tone.

Oh wow.

"I'll do anything"I plead,my hands placed together.

Well they say,the desperate plead,and the powerful lead.

"Anything?"I watch as the corner of his mouth curves.

What.is.he.thibking.about?!.

"Anything"I saw sincerely.

"Okay.Then leave me alone"he says and dips into the water.

I watch him as he swims around me,like a jellyfish, thinking about nothing in particular.

"Please"I yell.

"He shakes his head and I almost feel like crying on the spot.No,I'm angry.I need to find a distraction, and if Nate doesn't want to help me, then fine,I'll ask someone myself.

Except Chris of course...

I swim towards him,grab his stony shoulders and punch him on his chest.

"Ouch!"I wince.

I look at my knuckles and yeah they're red.I wince some more and Nate comes rushing towards me.

"Are you okay?"he asks holding my hand.

I pull my hand away and give him the stink eye.

"Not like you care!"I say and stomp out of the water.

I fall in and yell and kick the water and walk on the side walk.I'm feeling really hot right now,and I'm angry.I watch as people look at me,but I don't care..I look for my friends,and see them close by, talking to some guys I've never seen.I hear a psst,and look at Jaycee as he smiles at me.I smile back and walk towards Liv.She and her boyfriend are about to place their cups on the table and start business,but luckily,I grab Jacob's red cup and gulp the substance.I choke and make a disgusted face before spitting the remains out.