The Letter A

As we walked back to the boarding house, thoughts kept flooding my mind, clouding my ability to think straight.

I am pretty sure Willy noticed, but if he did he preferred to stay silent.

When we got to the building, he held my hand tighter before stopping. He knew I couldn't stay with him.

"I would tell you I can probably find a way to sneak you in and spend the night with us, but I know you have something to deal with right now" He told me while looking in my eyes. I caught a glimpse of guilt.

Was he blaming himself for leaving me?

"Look, Willy...I know you feel I'm not telling you the while story, and that's true. I kept all this to myself for so many years that now, I don't know how to share it with anyone else"

It was the truth.

"Let me see the note" He said.

What? Why? I shouldn't but my heart is telling me to give it to him. I handed him the paper.

He took his time to analise the words, he looked behind the note to see if there was something else. His head went up and his eyes met mine.

"Who were you looking for?"

As I was about to answer, the sound of a knock on glass came through the air. We both looked to the source to find Noodle waving at us from a window in the boarding house. I waved back matching the smile on her face.

"See Willy, I think you should go in, or she-"

"Don't! Don't push me away like that, I won't let you" He tightened, once again, his grip on my hand. "I will repeat the question, who were you looking for?" Eager eyes.

"A woman I met long ago, she is the one responsible for me staying in Galeries Gourmet, she taught me to make some of the candies I sell in the store, I- She-. She wrote me  a letter, before she vanished, saying that I would always find home in Galeries Gourmet... I don't exactly know what she meant by home but it's all I have left." He just kept looking at me with the same adorable stare.
"A part of me wished she would be here, but-" I gestured to the note in his hands "she won't"

I felt the tears streaming down my face. I couldn't stop them, I didn't want to stop them.

Willy took a step closer. He cupped my face gently in his hands and swiped the tears away. He then put me into a tight hug. And for the first time in years I felt loved. Or better, I felt I loved someone.

"I lost someone very dear to me too. And I came to this place to open the chocolate store because this person said she would be here to see it. I'm sorry, I really am. But" He broke the hug and pointed to my heart "she will always be here, and that's what matters" He gave me the biggest smile and I caught myself returning it.

Oh god, this man does not exist.

"Now, I want to see my confident girl again, so you can go have a little talk with Mr.Slughworth" He took a piece of chocolate of his pocket and handed to me.

"What do these have?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Nothing, they are just chocolate, you don't need more than yourself" He answered as if that wasn't the most cheesy line I've ever heard.

He made a reverence that made me crack a little laugh and, with a spin, started to go towards the laundry of the boarding house, where Noodle was already waiting for him.

...—-...—-...—-...—-...—-...—-...—-...—-

I took in the huge cathedral in front of me. How could they have transformed such beauty into a place to do such horrendous things?

As I walked towards the confessions area, the 500 monks, doing different tasks, kept sending me glares.

I got inside the little cabin and sat down.

"I came to speak with Mr.Slugworth" I said low enough so only the priest would hear me.

"I don't understand, child"

Ah cmon, stupid-

I pushed the chocolate Wonka gave me to the other side of the cabin.

"Send me down" I demanded.

"A shame isn't for hell" He replied and sent me down.

The audacity this people have.

A woman was waiting for me outside the elevator, she gestured me to follow her. I've been here before, but they insist in doing the same ritual every time.

She announced I was in the place before telling me to get into the room where the cartel made their reunions.

"I see you've received my note Miss L/N. Come join us for a chat" Mr.Slugworth said forcing that kind attitude.

I stood in the middle of the room facing them. All three sitting in luxurious chairs, holding luxurious glasses, with luxurious clothes. Noodle came in my thoughts.

"I'll go straight to the matter. Will ask you one more time: Why won't you leave?" Slugworth can make this scary, gotta give him that.

"You are right. I no longer have the initial reason I had to stay here. But I found a new one." I tried to keep my best tone.

"Which is?" The other man asked.

"Chocolate. A better one than yours" I didn't have to explain, they understood right away.

"Miss L/N, we have kept up with your little games for a long time, and the reason is that it did not affect OUR business..." He took a deep breath "...but if you change your loyalty, we will change ours"

What a threat uhm?

"You have never had my loyalty" I said in a monotone way.

"We could make you suffer an accident right now, you know that?"

"A accident in which you die"

"Thank you"

This bickering amuses me.

"I know..." I said "But you won't, because you don't have an alibi to protect you, even if the police is on your side. Also, the note you send me, is with Wonka, and he knows where I am. So think twice."

This is the most lame excuse I've ever heard. I hope I didn't underestimated their stupidity.

"She has a point" One said to another.

I didn't.

"This is what is going to happen Miss. You are going to leave now, take your things and leave the city with the boy. If you don't want any of them dead. Again"

I nodded in mockery, and left.

Sure I will leave.

I left the building being met by a cold breeze and a top hat.

Willy smiled to me and offered his hand.

"You didn't think I would leave you, did you?"

"Let's go we have a lot of work to do"

"Indeed, we do"

—...—-...—-...—-...—-...—-...
Author's Note: Sorry about the long time between updates. Wish you all a happy new year and lots of happiness. I have a quick question for those who have been keeping up with the story:
What description would you give it to match the feeling of reading it?
I'm thinking of changing and who better to help me than you?