•| Chapter 5

Daron parked his car into the studio's parking lot, grabbing his guitar case from the back seat when suddenly, the trunk pops open as Danny jumps out. Daron screams and jumps before shouting at Danny "Jesus Christ, man! How did you- Why-" Danny shushed Daron. "I wanted to come with!" He smiled. The guitarist stared at Danny with wide eyes. "Damnit man, you know my band doesn't know about you yet! You can't just waltz in there and-" Daron got cut off once again. "Hey, I wanted to meet your band and see you guys play anyway, wouldn't it be better if you were playing to an audience?" Danny explained. Daron sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Please let me come?" Danny pleads. "Fine." Daron gives in as Danny cheers.

They walk together to the entrance of the studio, where the three others see Daron and greet him before looking at Danny in confusion. "Uh, who's this?" Shavo asks. "Guys, this is Danny. He's been crashing at my apartment for a while. Danny, this is Serj, Shavo, and John." Daron introduces Danny, pointing at each of the band members. However, it's as if every shrivel of Danny's sociableness withered away. He awkwardly waved and smiled a little. "So are we playing for him or what?" John asked. "Yea. He wanted us to put on a show for him if that's okay with you guys." Daron responds. Serj shrugs and nods. "Sounds fine to me."

The boys set up their instruments and quietly discuss with each other what song they should play, Danny not hearing a single thing they're saying. They eventually agree on a song and nod before going to their instruments and picking them up. Daron quickly tunes his guitar, and John taps his drumsticks together before they begin playing Suggestions. Danny perks up and smiles, watching the band play. He bounces his leg a bit, trying to take in all of the different sounds. Serj's brutal vocals, Shavo's heavy bass, John's groovy drumming, and Daron's innovative guitar playing. Once the band played the final chord of the song, Danny exploded into applause. The boys chuckled and jokingly bowed.

"I think we did pretty good." John commented. "Yea, I think so too." Serj agreed. Danny looked absolutely amazed. "That was.. the best thing I've ever heard." He mutters. Serj, Shavo, and John all thanked Danny, but for some reason, Daron felt more flattered than all three of them. He quickly shook away the feeling before chuckling and nodding. "Thanks, Danny."

Danny camped out at the studio, entertaining himself with various objects to fiddle with and occasionally watching the band play unreleased tracks. Even though some might think this situation could be rather boring, Danny was actually enjoying himself. After all, he had been locked up in Daron's apartment for a few days, so it was nice to actually go out for once.

Once the band was finished with their practice session, Daron grabbed his guitar case as the rest of the boys packed up their instruments. "Come on Danny, practice is over." He nudges Danny before walking out the studio's door, Danny rushing after. "Your band is so sick!" Danny complimented. Daron felt his face unintentionally heat up. "Thanks, man." He replies as opens the car door and gets into the driver's side, Danny climbing in through the passenger's side. They both close the doors as Daron starts the car up and starts to drive back to his apartment.

Daron parks the car into the apartment's parking lot and exits the car, grabbing his guitar case. Danny soon exits after Daron, and they begin walking up to Daron's apartment together. Daron grabs his keys and unlocks the door, stepping inside and shoving his guitar somewhere safe before collapsing on the couch. Danny leans over the back of the couch, the two watching TV together.

After a while, Daron starts to feel himself get drowsy, but he doesn't say anything. He struggles to keep himself awake, but he can't fight much longer and eventually gives in, falling asleep on the couch.

Word count: 679