Singing in the Shower

Mulai dari awal

"All I want, all I need in your lovin'. Baby, you make me hot like an oven. Since you came you know what I've discovered? Baby, I don't need me another. No, no all I know." Harper sang. 

"KNOW!" The audience echoed. 

"Only you got me feeling so." Harper sang. 

"SO!" The audience echoed yet again. 

"And you know that I got to have you, and I don't plan to let you go. Think of you when I'm going to bed, when I wake up think of you again. You are my homie, brother, and friend, exactly why, you light me up inside, like the fourth of July. Whenever you're around, I always seem to smile. And people ask me how, well you're the reason why I'm, dancing in the mirror, and singing in the shower." Harper said. The audience echoed the chorus and Griffin nudged Mitch. 

"How's it feel to have a song written about you?" He asked. Mitch rolled his eyes. 

"Is he serious?" Mitch asked Preston jokingly. 

"Unfortunately." Preston joined in. 

"What are you guys talking about?" Griffin asked. 

"It's not about me, Griff." Mitch smiled. 

"It's about you, dumb ass." Preston pushed his shoulder playfully. 

"What? Me? No its not, she wouldn't like me, we're best friends." Griffin protested. Mitch and Preston exchanged a glance. 

"Does he hear himself talking?" Preston asked. 

"Nope!" Mitch exclaimed. Griffin laughed it off. He knew it was about Mitch? Right? 

I mean, Mitch was perfect for Harper. Tall, nice, funny, and athletic, every girls dream. And he was one of the hottest boys in school. Griffin was....not. At least he didn't think so. What Griffin Campbell didn't know, was that not only Harper liked him, but most of the girls in the sophomore class did! 

The music faded slightly and Harper grabbed the microphone off the stand and began walking down off the stage, towards the mystery man the song was about as she continued to sing. Griffin noticed Harper's friends squealing. 

"Do you think he'll like her back?" Bailey asked the group. 

"Obvi! Have you seen the way he looks at her? And I mean, they're literally best friends, I bet he fell for my beautiful pookie a LONG time ago!" Destiny exclaimed. 

"Facts! I mean they're literally perfect for each other!" Kallee exclaimed. 

Griffin chuckled at the girls' conversation. 

"Dude, look she's literally walking this way, she's definitely coming to confess to you." Griffin said as he turned to Mitch. Preston rolled his eyes. 

"Griff, I love you, man, but you REALLY need to learn when to take a hint." Preston scoffed. Harper continued her walk down the auditorium carpet, in search of her crush. 

"There ain't no guarantee, but I'll take a chance on we, baby let's take our time." 

"Singing in the shower!" The audience yelled. 

"And when the times get rough, there ain't no giving up, cause it just feels so right." 

"Singing in the shower!" 

Harper stopped at Griffin row and started walking down it. 

"What did I tell you, Mitch!" Griffin said excitedly. 

"Don't care what other's say, if I got you I'm straight, you bring my heart to life."

Mitch smiled and gestured for Griffin to turn around. There was Harper, offering her hand to him. Griffin tilted his head and confusedly grabbed her hand, she dragged him up towards the stage with her, finishing her song singing to him. The red in Griffin's cheeks refused to go away and his smile was as wide as it had ever been. 

"You light me up inside, like the fourth of July, whenever you're around, I always seem to smile. And people ask me how, well you're the reason why I'm, dancing in the mirror, and singing in the shower." Harper hit her last high note and the audience screamed in approval. 

As the music faded out, she set the mic down on the stage and walked up to Griffin. 

"Wow." Griffin muttered so only she could hear. 

"Did you like it?" Harper asked. 

"Maybe a little." Griffin chuckled sarcastically. Harper stood on her tippy toes and kissed him lightly. His heart was pounding out of his chest as he smiled and pulled her back in. 

The audience cheered so loud. 

hope you guys enjoyed it!! love you all! can't believe its almost 2024!! <3