Chapter 6 - Time with Peng

"Thank you for looking after my girl." Peng Ha said, sipping on coffee that he invited me too somewhere on the main road of Richmond. Today I wore all black; loose black jeans alongside a baggy black hoodie. Despite the weather looking bright as ever with not a cloud in sight didn't stop me from covering up. By covering up it reminded me that I had power over how people saw me; and believed that by showing any ounce of skin felt like that was the right only for friends and family. Best believe I despised sun baking or laying on the beach at all unless I was forced.

"No problem." I said, sipping on my hot chocolate. I wasn't a fan of coffee, and would never understand the allure of sipping on a beverage that tasted bitter; better yet- revolting. Hot chocolate never failed to soothe me as I lay comfortably on the seat.

"I heard you helped Luca with his 'mission' at Tristan's birthday." He said, crossing his arms as his fixated gaze upon me looked somewhat serious.

"Yeah, I did." I said as I reached down to grab a bag, shoving it on the table as I unzipped it to reveal the weapon that was used at Brighton Beach.

"This is the weapon he used that saved our lives moments before narrowly escaping Tristan's house." I said, quickly unzipping the bag that contained the blood stained weapon after Peng waved it off the table, uninterested.

"Why on earth did you bring a murder weapon here?" He growled.

"Sorry. He gave it me before the night-" I paused before continuing.

"Wait, how do you know he killed people with this? Not once did I-"

"Luca only brings his trusty blade with him when he wants to put someone down. Believe me, Luca and I go way back." He folded his arms, almost as if he didn't want to reveal information from the past.

"I don't know where to begin with you Jacky." Peng Ha began.

"You had strict rules to keep watch on Allie; that was the whole point to why I tasked you to escort her that night." He said as he spat his toothpick out, taking a sip of his coffee before raising his hand for a waiter; the lady walking to our table shortly after.

"Do you guys serve tea?" Peng requested, the server shaking her head slowly as if to decline his offer. Peng groaned as he quickly masked his emotions, nodding to the server to say he no longer required her services. The server bowing slightly before leaving our view. I was given the vibe that he was known in this cafe to be given such respectful courtesy.

"I should've taken you out to eat, I'm such a fool." Peng said as he flicked his forehead, causing him to flinch as he blinked multiple times before averting his attention back to me.

"Do you drink tea, Jacky?" Peng asked. I shook my head slowly.

"I'm a picky eater and drinker. I rarely eat vegetables, for example." I said as I veered down to the cup of hot chocolate, stirring it with one hand, my head resting on my hand as I looked at my drink with little to no emotion.

"Someone not accustomed to the eating their greens tells me you weren't smacked enough when you were a child." I looked back up at Peng and shrugged.

"Why on earth would I eat something that taste gross? I could never force myself to do or eat things that are disgusting."

"You're missing the entire point here; the point I'm trying to make is that you're not disciplined enough. Quite frankly probably not disciplined to be involved with me." He said as he sipped his coffee, lowering the cup as he exhaled softly.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about the world, Jacky; and I don't believe you'll be around long to experience it if you continue to act oblivious." Peng spoke softly as he looked around, being mindful incase there was somebody eavesdropping.