Chapter 3 - Moomba Festival

Today was festival day, Moomba festival. It was 12.30pm and Peng Ha was suppose to drop her off at mine half an hour ago. It wasn't until I noticed a nice looking Mercedes C63 in white pull up at the front, Allie exiting and watched as she waved Peng Ha good-bye; leaving shortly after.

"Jacky!" She said, waving at me as she walked closer to my front door. She wore a red top with skinny jeans and red Vans to match, with a nude pink coloured Mimco bag to hold her necessities; her Hubba Bubba's being the first thing that popped in mind.

"Allie, so good to see you." I said, kissing her in the cheek as I invited her in. She took her shoes off politely and welcomed her to my lounge room which sat Daniel, Michael, and Ma.

"Hey guys!" She smiled. She then noticed Ma and cheerfully approached her, leaning in for a kiss. Ma, who did not know the female Melbournian tradition of kissing other females on the cheek, leaned back and hesitated briefly. For a split second there was a pause, and Ma began chuckling, embracing Allie with a warm hug.

"Who's this lovely girl, Jacky?" Ma said in Laotian.

"Allie. She's a girl friend of mine."

"Oh, she's very pretty." Ma said, impressed that I was able to pull a girl of this calibre; little did she know that I was just escorting her to a festival as requested by Peng Ha.

"Ma leave these two love birds alone, will ya?" Daniel said, too busy watching One Piece with his two legs over the chairs armrest. I looked over at Michael who was laying on the floor mat, scratching his leg with a toast in his mouth.

"There's leftover sticky rice and chicken on the table, okay Jacky?" I nodded at Ma, bowing slightly and gestured Allie to come to the kitchen.

"You hungry?" I asked Allie as I scoffed down the sticky rice on its own from the tradition rice basket woven together by thin sticks.

"Yeah, sure." She clasped her hands in anticipation for a feed.

"So here's how you do it, you just dip the rice with your chicken and then swivel it in Ma's special sauce." She did exactly as instructed, and watched as her eyes lit up in satisfaction, a smile forming as quick as her eyes sparkled.

"Hope you can take spice." I laughed.

"I'm Spanish, we're home to some of the most spiciest chilli's." She teased.

"You want to check out my room? You're possibly the only girl who's ever set foot in my private domain."

"It'll be my honour." She said cheerily. I motioned her to follow, and walked her down the hall until we reached the door to the right.

"It's small, but hey; it's home." Allie peeked through the door before entering, and nodded respectfully as she saw one side of my wall covered in Naruto posters, with a red feature wall where my bedhead leaned against; rows of SnapBack hats of different colours neatly hooked and arranged.

"You have all these hats but you don't wear any of it." Allie chuckled, walking over to my study table filled with textbooks and a reasonably sized figurine of both kid Gohan and Gotenks.

"Your rooms chill. No computer?" She asked.

"Nah, no computers or gadgets, mum thinks they're a distraction for my studies."

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" She asked.

"A director; get into film, maybe. I'm a big fan of both action, and the romance genre. Be a dream come true if I could get a movie on the big screen, you know?" I said sheepishly, scratching my head.