Alex Morgan - You don't wanna

Start from the beginning

After that, he called his eldest daughter, who happened to be in town, at dinner with some old friends.

"Jeni you need to come home now. Kenzie overdosed." Was all he said before hanging up, leaving his daughter speechless.

Rushing back to his presumably dead daughter and sobbing wife, he picked up the young girl and eagerly waited for an ambulance.

———

Alex

"Hey Jen. What's up?"

"No time for small talk, Lex." Her voice was shaky through the phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"I-It's Kenz. You need to come home."

"Why? What happened to her, Jeni?" I stood up, already packing my things.

She started uncontrollably sobbing on the other side of the phone.

"Jeni! What happened!?" I yelled, needing to know if my Kenzers was okay.

"Sh-Sh-She overdosed, Al. She wanted to die."

I instantly dropped my phone after she said those words.

Freezing in place, a concerned Tobin and Chris came over to me.

The second Tobin wrapped her arms around me, I also started uncontrollably sobbing, much like my older sister.

She wanted to die?

"Lex, whatever it is, it's gonna be okay, alright?" Tobin rubbed my back, comforting me.

"No, it's not! Kenzie overdosed. I don't know if she's even alive anymore." I choked out.

The two's gasps were heard over my sobs, as Chris immediately went to her phone.

"I'm calling Jill. You're going home today."

I said nothing but continued to cry into Tobin's shoulder.

"Your flight's in an hour." Chris whispered.

I nodded, knowing I had to suck up my feelings until I got home.

Thankfully we were in Utah, so the flight wouldn't be too long.

———

"Where's Mackenzie Morgan?" I eagerly rushed out to the receptionist.

"Sorry. Family only." She told me.

"I'm her sister!" I yelled, knowing she didn't know but I just need to see her so badly.

"Sorry. Room 145."

As soon as those words left her mouth, I bolted past doctors and nurses, not even caring if they were telling me to slow down.

I used my speed from soccer and made it to her room as quickly as I could.

The sight broke me.

My baby sister, lying on a hospital bed, looking so pale.

Even more pale than Rose.

Kidding, that's impossible.

Anyways, my parents and sisters sighed of relief when I walked in.

"Is she okay?" I asked nobody in particular, just worrying for Kenzie.

"They think so. There's no way to know for sure until she wakes up." My dad dryly stated, my sisters and mom being too busy crying to talk.

I walked over to her bed, taking a seat next to it.

I grabbed her hand. It was never so cold and flimsy before.