• 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐝 •

Some sort of jazz music swung over the speakers implanted all over the tower as chatter, cheers and laughter drowned most of it out

Some sort of jazz music swung over the speakers implanted all over the tower as chatter, cheers and laughter drowned most of it out. Army veterans smiled playing pool, agents looked at ease out of their uniforms and with a drink in their hand as the Avengers lingered around in pairs or trios.

Wearing a simple silk navy-blue dress and having her hair in a curled side part with braids, Harley clutched her small purse as her black baggy leather jacket draped over her arm. As much as she wanted to look nice, Harley knew she'd freeze her ass off if she didn't bring a jacket.

Everyone was conversing with each other so effortlessly that Harley felt overwhelmed upon the second she walked in. Not really knowing what to do with herself, Harley strolls over to the bar and orders a glass of red wine and a separate shot to go with it.

A shot to take the edge off and help her ease into the largely stressful social event and the wine because it were the most classically aesthetic drink to sip on, not drawing any attention to herself. At least, that's what all the characters in films do at parties.

Waiting patiently at the bar, a string of voices become louder as they approach the bar. Looking up from the nails she was picking at, Harley sees James Rhodes, Tony, Thor and Maria all grouped together as James seems to be recounting a story for the bundle.

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like 'Boom, you looking for this?'" He explains with a smirk, obviously waiting for laughter.

Being met with awkward smiles and blank faces, Harley suddenly became hyper-interested in the collection of drinks displayed in the bar as she'd much rather stare at bottles of coloured liquor than witness any more second- hand embarrassment.

Taking in a sharp inhale of breath, Rhodey repeats himself. "'Boom, you looking for-' Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills." He frowns and asks them and himself existentially.

"That's the whole story?" Thor asks confusedly, unknowingly belittling the man.

"Yeah, it's a war machine story." Rhodey mutters, unsure of himself.

Catching on to his embarrassment, Thor chuckles and tries to smile and nod sincerely. "Oh, it's very good then. It's impressive." He enthuses.

"Quality save." Rhodey nods sarcastically, flustered.

Harley accepted the second glass of red wine that had come her way, she mentally vowed to finish the glass, talk to one other person and then swiftly leave without a trace. The social event was proving to be embarrassing for her as nobody truly wanted her there; simply another pity invite to the poor Black Widow girl who couldn't bounce back the way Natasha did.