Invisible String

Axel’s POV

As we both said our goodbyes, I had the strength to finally ask Elise if we could hang out sometime. Thankfully she said yes. After Elise left, I decided to roam around the campus for I don’t want to go to my house yet. That house was toxic for me, I didn’t want to get yelled at again. They have only noticed my failures but they didn’t know that I have struggled just to make them feel proud of me, but I guess that will never happen. I felt like they just used me to follow their steps and not for what I want to be. I don’t want to be a lawyer.

As I roam around the whole campus Elise was the only thing that struck to my mind. It’s been so long since I ever felt this kind of romantically excited feeling. Elise made me feel butterflies in my stomach every time I looked at her. She didn’t even have to try to get my attention. Her eyes were like diamonds shining and making me go blind. She’s as pure as the snow on the himalayas. She’s quiet just like the lakes, and yet her beauty’s loud as the wind. She has the grace of the swan and the charm of a rose. It’s like I’ve met an angel from the heavens above. Elise was the most perfect girl you could ever meet. She was smart, elegant and perfect.

It was getting dark so I decided to go home, I went home took a bath and went to dinner. I can smell the chicken they ordered from a fast food. Do rich people really not know how to cook? I wonder. I sat down and ate dinner. I didn’t talk to them. They were mentally draining me. They were supposed to be my inspiration . But it was the complete opposite. After eating I went to my room and isolated myself. I took my journal and watch my fingers glide forming words that struck from my head.

“Dear Journal,
I don’t know if my life would be like this forever. I don’t want to feel like I’m in a jail my whole life. I want to live independently. Anyways, I have my eyes on this girl in my class. Her name was Elise, we sat on the same table in the library. We kept on bumping on to each other. Was it a coincidence or was there an invisible string pulling us and leading us to each other. Just like what Taylor Swift said,

“A string that pulled me
Out of all the wrong arms right into that dive bar
Something wrapped all of my past mistakes in barbed wire
Chains around my demons, wool to brave the seasons
One single thread of gold tied me to you”

I’m starting to believe in that theory now. Wait do I have a crush on Elise? How do you even know if you like or love someone? I asked her if we could hang out some time and she said yes. Maybe it’s a good move to get to know each other better. That’s all for now.”

As I lay down in my bed the only thing that was on my mind was Elise. I was excited about our hang out. I want to get to know Elise better and share common things.

The next morning I got up and did my usual morning routine. I went to the university to meet Elise. As I met up with Elise I saw her walking gracefully towards me. She wore a white long skirt and a green top. Damn, she’s so pretty.

“Hey there Elise, you look so pretty.” I said with a sweet smile on my face showing her how genuine I am.

“Thank you Axel, you look good too.” She responded.

After that, I smiled to her.
“So let’s start with your favorite music artist.” I asked her

“Well I personally prefer, Taylor Swift like her music is so calming and it just makes me feel in love and calm.”

“Really? I love Taylor Swift too and also The Weeknd because Taylor’s music is very calm as well and very therapeutic while The Weeknd is like cool lover boy vibes.”

After that, we talked more about our personal preferences and shared interesting things about each other. It was nice getting to know Elise.A As she kept on talking I kept admiring her. I didn’t know that Elise had a different side. She was talkative and opinionated. All I thought was she was a silent girl. I love every part of Elise.

Elise’s POV

As I kept on talking I noticed that Axel was very observant with me. He kept on staring at me as I talked to him. I don’t know if he likes me or he’s just being observant. He shared his life experiences and it was more than I thought. He had gone to many difficulties and suffered from how his parents treats him. I guess it’s true that just because they’re silent doesn’t mean their life is peaceful. I love the way we both shared experiences and that we have common things. It was nice that someone made effort just to get to know me. I have never experienced something like this. Axel was the first guy that made me feel important and heard aside from my parents. We kept talking until we noticed it was almost sunset and we had to go to our home. Axel offered to ride me home and of course I said yes. He opened the door for me. He was such a gentleman, who knows that his nonchalant appearance was just a play. He made me think about Taylor Swift’s song “Slut! (Taylor’s Version)” where in it says “In a world of boys he’s a gentleman” and indeed he was a gentleman. He was a man any woman would want.

As he opened the door for me, I had to thank him. For the first time in my life, it was the first time a guy made me feel special and wanted aside from my father.