Pt13. Energy and Frequency

The two of you return to the scene, the factory silent as ever as you encroach closer. There didn't seem to be any robots nearby as you sneak forward. You come upon the edge of the brush coverage, having second thoughts about going out into the open. You tried to get a peek inside the various domed glass buildings but to no avail, of course this came as no surprise.

You turn back to Tails, "Are you sure there's no cameras?"

He nods, "I know Eggman, he wouldn't put together large patrols that far outside if he had solid security on the inside. He's definitely working on improving security but he's not up to full force yet."

You sigh quietly, your natural instincts telling you it was a horrible idea but... If this whole 'ally' thing was going to work you needed to learn to trust his instincts, as you had learned to trust your crew's. "Alright... Let's do this..."

You dig deep, sucking in air with a sharp breath as your muscles tensed painfully. You dash forward, Tails trailing behind you quietly. You manage to move decently up to the building, spotting a few robots here and there but weaving away from their lines of sight and closing the distance.

So far so good...

You glance back at Tails, noticing that the gray box was now illuminated with a small green light. Looks like he was onto something with those, hard to believe that he was able to figure out that much from such limited information. But he knew his enemy and was super smart so was it really so far fetched?

The two of you cling to the outside walls of the complex, creeping around in search of an entrance. There had to be something accessible, even if this factory was clean energy surely there was evidence of some industry. The robots that guarded were old models after all, they would need maintenance stations wouldn't they? You needed to think like Eggman...

Maintenance... Waste... Two types, airborne and liquid... Pipes shooting into the sky and grated tunnels on the lower levels for disposal... but in a way it wouldn't stay stuck in the ground... Toward the water!

You stop suddenly, leaning toward Tails, "Do you remember which way the water is?"

He nods, pointing further down. "We came from over there, why?"

"Our way in." You resume pace as Tails clings to your tail. Dodging around a few more robots you come to a grated opening in the complex that was weakly trickling liquid out.
I knew it.
You inspect the area around the grate, the current equipment seeming to be a pressed in cover. There were bolt holes already cut, but likely awaiting their mating parts before they could be properly used.

Tails' eyes widen at the discovery "So that's what you meant." He braces himself on the bars, testing their sturdiness and jerking his body back. "You're really clever East, I don't think I would've thought to look for something like this so quickly."

You grip the bars as well, your tone pensive. "Save the compliments for after we're in and out. On my mark pull as hard as you can." You brace yourself, your hand latched onto the grate.

"3...

2...

1...

Mark!"

The grates creak as the two of you put your all into ripping the metal fitting from it's housing. Tails grits his teeth as his shoes sink into the ground. It was barely budging... You compact your body as you try to put more leverage into it, your side beginning to give way but only slightly. The spillway refused to let either of you in, standing triumphantly as both of you topple back on your butts. Your breathing is heavy as you look at the grate in disdain.