II. Summer School

"Last day of summer school," Mr. Iglesias announced, as he was roaming at the front of the classroom. "We lived. We laughed. We learned. Some of us, more than others." 

"You know I don't think I can be fully grouped in the first two statements, due to the fact I spent my whole summer here, but believe what you want to," Rosa complained. 

"Yay we did it," Walt sarcastically celebrated whilst showing off a slight Jazz hand, "We had no fun all summer!" 

"Hey Marisol, what are you selling? Reverse mortgages? Swatty Patties?" ( I have no idea what he said. ) Mr. Iglesias asked Marisol as she was on the phone with a client. She quickly silenced the teacher and told her customer, "Yes solar power is expensive, but what price do you put on saving the planet?" 

"Oh here comes the kill shot." Mr. Iglesias warned them, "FINISH HIM." He imitated from an arcade game. "Yeah, well you know who thanks me for putting panels on our home?" Marisol questioned the buyer, "My grandchildren." That coaxed the customer into saying yes. "Great! I'll have my assistant call you to set up an appointment." 

She tapped the side of her headphones, closed her computer, and yessed and fist-bumped Mr. Iglesias, who said, "I've seen teen mom, but I've never seen teen grandma." 

"Well, now you have," Rosa commented. "See, teaching you to lie did come in handy." 

Marisol and Rosa had been close for a while now, or precisely a decade, and together they would get into tons of trouble. Rosa being the manipulative and adorable child she was, would always try to talk their way out of it, most of the time resulting with them off the hook, if Marisol didn't spit out the truth. So by the time they both turned ten, she gave the way-too-honest-for-her-own-good girl, a few or a lot of lessons on how to be the perfect liar or as Rosa still called it, 'creative truther' no matter how many times she was told 'truther' wasn't a word.

"Yeah, well," the teen grandma explained. "When I'm selling solar panels, I've got two grandkids. When I'm signing people up for wrongful death lawsuits, I'm a widow from Detroit. When I work at 7/11, I've got a brother who's a UFC fighter waiting in the parking lot."