chapter 2:ophelia

My birthday is due in 13 days. what a peculiar number, it doesn't matter my energy was dark since my birth one said that straight in my face but I'm not deaf. I hear and see things that all people can't Is it a blessing or a curse I don't care cause I'm used to it now. I can also fake it very well to deceive the living and nonliving. I don't know why my father had the sudden thought to give me the Anderson Lodge. it had been close for at least a century. I went there when I was a kid but I never liked that place. I don't have any memories of it to have love or hate against it but still feel so attached to that very home.

a few months ago my father announced that the lodge was under my name and he was looking to make a profit from it, so he asked me to hand it over to him. But something held me back and I took the responsibility to run that place. Anderson Lodge will reopen on my very birthday. My birthday party and the reopening both will be turning points in my life I can feel it in my bones.

I invited my friends to it but they don't know the whole story and I don't plan to tell them either. one thing is continuously concerning me that maybe I'm making a mistake returning to that place be a mistake. Returning? I'm not returning..........this will just be a second visit. nothing more.

my name Ophelia means help but I'm the polar opposite of it. I heard that I was named Ophelia to suppress the energy but it suppresses the whole human me That is why when my friends call me Lia it makes me feel alive like a harmless human. that is why their safety concerns me more than my destiny with Anderson Lodge.

my finger betrays me by hitting the wrong note and bringing me back to reality. I have been zoned out again..my hands moving faster than my brain grabbing my cell phone from the piano top. I check the time it is 3:48 p.m. OH NO I am late the four of us were supposed to meet at the BMC'S short for black medicine coffee. that is a famous place as J.K Rowling wrote some first chapters of Harry Potter there. and MS.Rowling you sure have a great taste that place is amazing. I hurry to the dorm finding no one there I give a call to Sadie and start to dress up.

"Hello, Sadie?"

"Lia. where are you?"

"Don't scream I will be just there, everyone reached already?"

"I don't know I'm on the way." something just drops on the other side of the call "LIA ARE GETTING READY NOW?"

"PARKINS, I love you. Please order a latte and a croissant for me. okay, love?"

"Hurry up" then the phone falls silent.

Rushingly, I grab my bag and put my half hair up in a claw clip adjusting my shoes I stand up facing a mirror "Oh I little thing missing" I pull out my signature lip color from the bag dabbing the perfect cherry on my lips i look in the mirror and now,

"RUN"