2

As the days went by, Y/n tried to take Catarina's advice and take care of herself. She made sure to take breaks when she needed them, and she even started taking walks around the ship to clear her head.

Catarina noticed the change in Y/n and was pleased. She could see that Y/n was happier and more relaxed, and she knew that it was because she was taking care of herself.

One day, as they were sitting down to eat, Catarina turned to Y/n and said, "I'm proud of you, Y/n. You've been working hard, but you've also been taking care of yourself. That's not an easy balance to strike, but you're doing it."

Y/n smiled, feeling a sense of pride at Catarina's words. "Thank you, Captain. I'm trying my best."

"I can tell," Catarina said, taking a sip of her drink. "And I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do for this crew. You're a valuable member, and I don't know what we'd do without you."

Y/n felt a warmth spread through her chest at Catarina's words. She knew that she had found a true friend in the pirate queen, someone who cared about her well-being as much as her work.

"Thank you, Captain," Y/n said, her voice soft. "That means a lot to me."

The two women continued to eat, their conversation turning to lighter topics. But Y/n knew that Catarina's words would stay with her, a reminder that she was valued and appreciated for who she was, not just what she could do.

As the night grew late, Catarina noticed that Y/n was nodding off at the table. "Come on, Y/n," she said, taking Y/n's hand. "It's time for bed."

Y/n followed Catarina to her bunk, feeling a little embarrassed. She was used to being the one who took care of others, not the other way around.

But Catarina didn't seem to mind. She helped Y/n into bed, tucking the blankets around her. "There you go," she said, smiling down at Y/n. "Sleep well."

Y/n smiled back, feeling a warmth in her chest. "Thank you, Captain."

Catarina leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on Y/n's forehead. "Goodnight, Y/n," she whispered.

Y/n's heart skipped a beat at the touch of Catarina's lips on her skin. She had never felt this way before, but she knew that she didn't want it to end.

"Goodnight, Captain," she said, her voice soft.

Catarina lingered for a moment, her hand resting on Y/n's cheek. "Sweet dreams," she said, before turning and leaving the room.

Y/n lay there for a moment, her mind racing. Had that really just happened? Did Catarina really just kiss her goodnight?

As she drifted off to sleep, Y/n knew that she had a lot to think about. But for now, she was content to just bask in the warmth of Catarina's kiss, feeling a sense of comfort and safety that she had never felt before.

The next morning, Y/n woke up feeling more rested than she had in weeks. She got dressed and headed up to the deck, feeling a sense of anticipation in her chest. She knew that things were going to be different now, that she and Catarina had crossed a boundary that they could never uncross.

As she stepped onto the deck, Y/n saw Catarina leaning against the railing, looking out at the sea. She looked up as Y/n approached, her eyes meeting Y/n's.

"Good morning," Catarina said, her voice soft.

"Good morning, Captain," Y/n replied, feeling a little shy.

Catarina smiled, a twinkle in her eye. "Sleep well?"

Y/n felt her face flush. "Yes, thank you."

Catarina chuckled. "I'm glad to hear it. You looked like you needed a good night's sleep."

Y/n nodded, feeling a sense of gratitude towards Catarina. She knew that she had been pushing herself too hard, and that Catarina had been the one to notice.

As they stood there, looking out at the sea, Y/n felt a sense of peace settle over her. She knew that she and Catarina had a lot to talk about, but for now, she was content to just be in the moment, enjoying the company of her captain and friend.

And as the ship sailed on towards its next adventure, Y/n knew that no matter where they went or what they faced, she would always have Catarina by her side.

As the day wore on, Y/n found herself drawn to Catarina's side more and more. They worked together on various tasks around the ship, and Y/n found that she was learning a lot from the experienced captain.

But there was something else going on between them as well. Y/n could feel a tension building, a sense of attraction that she couldn't quite explain.

She stole glances at Catarina whenever she thought the older woman wasn't looking, admiring the way her hair caught the sunlight and the way her eyes sparkled when she laughed.

And Catarina seemed to be aware of Y/n's gaze, turning to meet her eyes with a knowing smile.

As the sun began to set, Y/n found herself alone with Catarina on the deck. The other crew members had retired below, leaving the two of them in a quiet bubble of intimacy.

Catarina looked at Y/n, her eyes dark with something that Y/n couldn't quite name. "Y/n," she said, her voice low. "Can I ask you something?"

Y/n nodded, feeling a flutter of nervousness in her stomach.

Catarina took a step closer, her hand reaching out to touch Y/n's cheek. "Do you feel it too?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Y/n's heart skipped a beat. "Feel what?" she asked, her voice trembling.

Catarina leaned in, her lips hovering just inches from Y/n's. "This," she said, before closing the distance between them and kissing Y/n deeply.

Y/n's mind went blank as she felt Catarina's lips on hers, her body responding instinctively to the older woman's touch. She wrapped her arms around Catarina's waist, pulling her closer as they kissed.

As they broke apart, panting and breathless, Y/n knew that everything had changed. She and Catarina were no longer just friends and captain and crew member. They were something else entirely, something that Y/n had never experienced before.

And as they held each other on the deck of the ship, watching the stars twinkle above them, Y/n knew that she had found something special with Catarina. Something that was worth risking everything for.