Beginning

It was a gloomy morning. The rain was falling and the entire world was wet with the rain. That's just how Skylar liked it. She sat outside in the rain her blue hair stuck to her face and her clothes soaked through. But she didn't care. All she knew was something was going to happen. What she didn't know but she could just FEEL it.

A figure appeared out of nowhere and vanished without a word. All it left was a sense of unease. "Okay creepy person appearing out of nowhere...Great way to start the day." Skylar Chuckled and got up walking inside. She walked to her room and pulled off her wet clothes and pulled on her favorite Pierce the Veil t-shirt and a red checkered flannel. She then put on some black ripped jeans and her black converse. Skylar ran a brush through her wet mop of hair styling just how she always did in an Owl Emo kinda way. She smiled and threw on her glasses and grabbed her back pack and walked out the door and running to the bus stop. Before her bus came a short bus with a bunch of kids rolled by. She got to read the school name though before it made a turn away from town. "HOUSE OF NIGHT" She shivered at the thought of that place. It took her best friend Jack there and he never came back.

Skylar got onto the bus and sat in her usual spot in the back and put her feet up close to her chest like normal. Nothing seemed wrong until the new kid got on. He sat down next to her.

"Um hi." He waved awkwardly. Even though he was completely adorable there was something off about him. He either had a lot of acne around his forehead or he was marked. And Skylar didn't wanna find out. When they got to school she bolted off the bus and into the building.

"Whoa Skylar you are in a hurry to get to school...Wait whats wrong?" A girl named Missi stopped her and looked at her worried.

"I-I think there is a tracker here but I don't know I have a bad vibe about him though." She looks behind her and then back. Missi, looked surprised and worried.

"Could he be after you?" Her eyes widened. Skylar shook her head.

"I hope not." she looks back again and he's standing there. Skylar gets worried and turns Missi around and walk to Spanish. "No no no no you don't!" She shuts the door behind us sending an apology to the Spanish teacher and explain to her that someone was following her. The door was pounded on and then it broke and in front of the entire Spanish class. Skylar fell to the ground and scooted away by crab walking backwards. He raised a hand and wiped off the concealer to reveal his Marks. A Tracker. And it was after her.

"Skylar Bolitair! You are called to the House of Night!" He called and Skylar blacked out.