𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 1

~

{𝚆𝙰𝙻𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙾𝙽 𝙴𝙶𝙶𝚂𝙷𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂}

{𝙳𝙴𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝙽}

><
{𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍: "𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢" 𝚋𝚢 𝙸𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚜}
><

"Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire. But if I had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that, for destruction, ice is also great, and would suffice..."

I felt Mani's lips kiss the crescent-shaped scar on my forearm. We were in our spot – the open meadow in the woods. The sun was shining so beautifully as her and I laid on the grass.

I was attempting to read the poetry book by Robert Frost that was assigned to us, but clearly Mani had other plans as she started kissin' my neck.

I wasn't complaining, though. Especially once her lips met mine. Our kiss deepened instantly, her releasing that breathy moan I loved to hear.

"...you know we got an English final to study for, right?" I practically moaned against her lips. "We gotta stay focused..."

I felt her grin as she continued kissing me, makin' her way onto my lap as I palmed her ass. We both moaned into the kiss, just gettin' lost in one another's warmth.

I felt the sun shine directly on us, causing me to look at her sparkling skin as I gave her three little pecks. She eyed me back with such love and longing. I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

"Marry me..." she uttered.

I chuckled. This ain't the first – not even fiftieth – time she's asked.

"No..." I replied teasingly.

She took her time kissing me all over my face, suckin' me in with every kiss.

"Marry me, baby..." she whispered.

"Change me..." I combatted just as softly, squeezing her curves as her body pressed against mine.

"Where I come from," she answered as I began kissing her neck, "marrying someone is the way one says 'I love you'..."

"Where I come from," I replied, looking into her golden eyes, "gettin' married this young is a way someone says 'I got knocked up'..."

She snickered before I got up with her still in my arms, her swiftly grabbing her coat and our book before I could fully get to my feet.

I took my time walkin' back to the nature path that led us to the meadow, her lookin' at me longingly with a smile ever present on her lips.

Her legs were wrapped around my torso, her arms around my neck as she caressed the back of it.

"You worried about what other people think?" she asked. "That's so unlike you."

"Nah," I chuckled. "Never that. But I am worried that two out of three marriages end in divorce."

"You do know the divorce rate amongst immortals is much lower, right?"

I smirked at her smart ass before pinning her against a nearby tree, giving her a sultry kiss as she moaned in my mouth.

"Marry me..." she uttered, her nose dancing against mine.