𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙎𝚁 13

~

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚃 𝙿𝙸𝙴𝙲𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙱𝚄𝚂𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚂𝚂

{𝙳𝙴𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝙽}

Mani and I raced out of the trees, bee-lining for Vic and the rest of the family as they were gathered near a fire.

"How long?" Mani asked her as we approached them.

"Few minutes," Vic answered. "Maybe ten."

I scanned the field for Jorja as Coco chimed in.

"They timed their arrival a little too well," she said.

"Probably hopin' the newborns took a few of us out," Tyler responded.

Mani stopped in her tracks before seein' someone by the fire. It was one of the newborns.

"What's she doin' here?" she asked.

"Her name's Bree," Kelly informed. "We offered her safe haven if she agreed to stop fighting. She took the offer."

"The pack needs to leave," Bey chimed in. "The Volturi won't honor a truce with them around."

"Where's Jorja?" I asked.

We looked around for her before Mani spotted her.

"There she is."

I looked to the tree line across the field. There Jorja was, her chestnut wolf emerging from the shadows.

I released a sigh of relief as her and I locked eyes. She started moving towards me before we all heard a vicious snarl come from behind her.

It was Yara, completely transformed in her grey wolf as she cornered the last male newborn hiding. She charged him without so much as a second thought. Mani, although she was a good distance away, could see it from Yara's mind.

"Yara, don't!" she yelled out.

I caught a glimpse of it all. The newborn was able to maneuver out of Yara's way, spinning to grab her ruff and fiercely yank her off her paws.

But Jorja leapt in on the newborn, tackling him before they rolled off into the clearing. She bit a piece of his face off, but he managed to get his arm around her, crushing her body. The agonizing howl she let out pierced my entire body as she was forcefully held in the air.

"JORJA!" I yelled out, me and the rest of the pack hightailing it to her.

The other wolves pounced on the newborn, their teeth forcing him to release Jorja as she crumpled to the ground.

While they pulled him apart, Mani and Bey dashed to her side, me reaching them not too long after.

Jorja had transformed back into her human form – naked – as she cried in agony. Her body was terribly bruised, and she could barely catch her breath as she began to hyperventilate.

"Jorja!" Mani exclaimed, holdin' her hand while her other caressed her tear-stained cheek. "Jorja, hold on! My mom will take care of you..."

I gently brought her head on my lap, my hand meeting Mani's as we tried to comfort her as best we could while Bey examined her.

"The bones on her right side are shattered," Bey said, her face full of worry.

Jorja's cries were heart wrenching as she squeezed Mani's hand, lookin' between the both of us as her tears cascaded down the sides of her face.