𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 6: 𝒫𝓊𝓉 𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝒮𝒽𝑜𝓌

Start from the beginning

        "Is Dad alive? Is he an avox?" As much as Raven believes death is a better sentence than being confined to your thoughts, she wants one last opportunity to look at her dad. Her mom pulls back and shakes her head, no. Raven isn't too disappointed, as she has already come to terms with his head death. "They did this on purpose. They're trying to make me an emotional bomb about to explode in the arena so they can get a good show. I don't want to put on the show they want from me!" Her mom looks around, and finds a napkin and pen on another piece of paper. She writes down: So put on your own show. Raven looks up and nods with a smile, but then the feeling of needing to cry comes again. Her mom sees this and begins scribbling hastily on the napkin. Don't cry. Be the powerful girl I know you are. I love you and I'm so sorry I let this happen to our family. Raven swallows her sadness and hugs her mom tightly again. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

Ronan Dawn, a robotic voice calls out. Ronan inhales a deep breath through his mouth and gets up with rigid movements as he makes his way in, remembering Opal's words carefully. Raven's leg is bouncing up and down as she thinks about this morning's events. "So put on your own show." She is trying to think of how to do it. Surely, the gamemakers did this on purpose. They want to weaken her or perhaps have some outburst for the viewing pleasure of the Capitol. Raven thinks carefully for the 5 minutes she has remaining, trying to imagine ways she can get a high score while displaying her anger to the Capitol. 

        The five minutes are up and Ronan is seen coming out. "How'd it go?" Ronan just shrugs. 

        Raven Celeste. She stands up and ignores the odd looks from the remaining people in the room. She enters the room and glances looks at the gamemakers with a glare laced with fury. The head gamemaker had a mocking smile on his face. So he did do it on purpose. 

        "You have fifteen minutes to present your chosen skill," he informs, sitting back down with the rest of the gamemakers. Get the main part done first. She approaches the variety of knives and picks up the light ones that she is the most familiar with. Finally, her hands can do what they've been itching to do since forever. She moves to the moving targets and selects the simulation in which they move quickly. She prepares with one knife in her hand and the rest lay in her belt. At the right moment, she flings it straight into the target, allowing it to disappear as more form. Knife and knife. Fling after fling. Hologram after hologram, until there are three left. 

        This is going to be the moment you impress them. She grabs all three knives in one hand. If this fails, she'll receive a terrible score. If it works, she'll be a beast with her score. This is a skill she only practiced a few times back at home. She is running out of time as the holograms charge closer, and the gamemakers are waiting for her to make her move, thus far impressed by the child's performance. In a fit of luck and technique, she launches all three knives with her hand and hits each hologram square in their chest. She did it. She looks at them and decides it's time for the finale. 

        The people who are watching are confused, thinking her performance is over. They stand up as she grabs a dummy and brings it to the center. She looks up at the head gamemaker and immediately uses her knife to write down his name. She grabs black and red paint from nearby that must be more camouflage and writes with the black: This is for my mom. 

        She draws an X on the gamemaker's name and uses red blood to fill the dents to represent the blood that will be dripping from her hands because of him. All the pent up rage for her mom's situation boils over, even if she knows this will have drastic consequences. Using an impressive knot, she ties it up for the gamemakers to see before smirking and dumping the knife and paint on the ground. It splatters in little specks over her and she relishes in the shock and cries from the gamemakers.