A masquerade to kill for

Bdubs loved the missions outside of town. He always enjoyed nature and the noise of the city would almost make him miserable at times. Not that he didn't enjoy the city at times. He just honestly wanted people to slow down, at least for a bit. So when he got assigned a mission for an event hosted outside of town he felt ecstatic.

The only downside to this was that it was a party. A masquerade to be exact and only fancy thing Bdubs owned was a simple green button up. Thankfully his work was willing to provide him a suit and a mask to fit in. Not very expensive stuff but it would do for one night.

On paper the mission sounded simple. Go in and blend in while on the look out for a vampire then kill it and leave without being spotted. In practice however it sounded like a nightmare to handle. He was fairly certain his work didn't even know how Vampires worked. He wasn't even given a name or apperance briefing. It felt like his work wanted to get him killed or seriously harmed. Wouldn't be the first time they did this to him. Throwing him to the wind and expecting him to come back with results.

It didn't take Bdubs long to get to the place if his gps was working correctly. He had expected one of those events held in a hall. Yet he was met with a massive manor instead. The walls constructed with old stone and brick. It was at least two stories tall with big windows with the curtains drawn open so anyone could see the nights events. Simply from the parking lot he could see people in groups, most likely couples, dancing in unison. All with masks covering their faces and make up to hide who they truly were. Perfect event for a vampire to ruin.

He got out of his car and decided to quickly change before he entered. He wore a white button up with the sleeves rolled partially up for comfort, black dress pants, dress shoes and a green eye mask with a leaf design on it per his request. He felt uncomfortable in these clothes. They were nothing like his usual attire and yet he was stuck with them for the next few hours.

He dug through his bags and found a fake invitation with his real name. He hated it when work used his real name on this kind of stuff. They really were asking for him to get caught weren't they. He held the invitation in one hand while pulling out any equipment small enough to fit in his pocket. That being a small flask of holy water, a switch blade and some bandaids since usual bandages wouldn't fit in his pockets. He took a deep breath, locked the car up and went up to the door.

Knock knock

The door opened and a servant stood in front of him. Whoever owned this place must have been loaded with cash to have actual servants. The servant was dressed in a red suit with a simple black face mask, nothing fancy on it at all. Bdubs gave an awkward smile to the man and handed over the invite.

The mans brown eyes scanned over the paper before looking back up to Bdubs. He tensed up as if he was worried he'd be rejected. However he just looked more suspicious.

"Come in." The man said before opening the door wider to allow Bdubs access.

He sighed in relief before coming into the home, being sure to wipe his shoes on the mat just in case. His eyes scanned the front room and Bdubs could almost feel his jaw drop in surprise. The flooring was marble and there was expensive decor everywhere as if the purchase and placement of them had been in after thought. All of this looked as if you ever owned it had more money then what they knew what to do with.

For a moment he considered abandoning the mission just to enjoy this place. But he knew he couldn't, that would risk both his own life and the lives of every non vampiric person in this place.

He wandered over to where he figured the ball room was from the small glimpse in the window. After getting lost for around 2 minutes, he found it. He felt his eyes widen in awe. The room was just as beautiful as the rest of the house. If he could then he'd love to meet the owner if only to discuss the sheer amount of glamour this place contained.