past_03: midnight

Depuis le début

You needed comfort right now though. Mom and Dad were already sleeping together so that was a no, and you won't even start with Kusuke as you don't want him to keep poking fun at you.

 Which meant you had no option but to go to Kusuo after all.

Dangling your feet off the mattress, you dash across your bed and over to Kusuo, resulting him to stir in his sleep.

"Kusuo.!" You whisper yell, poking his shoulder.

In the dark, you see him open his eyelids, squinting, glaring even. Then, he puts the blanket further up to his neck, seemingly annoyed.

"Ku?"

"What do you want, (nickname)?" His hoarse voice speaks out, actually using his vocal cords instead of being mute or doing it telepathically.

Closing his eyes, he turns to the side, back facing you.

You frown and shake him once more, which earned an annoyed groan. "Can I sleep with you, tonight?"

The silence ensued for a moment.

"Ku-"

"Nightmare?"

He asked, turning his head back to you with an uninterested gaze. You merely nod back, glad that you didn't have to explain everything.

"Please?" You did not want to be alone tonight.

Kusuo stares at you for a few seconds, contemplating. Although he could read your mind at all times, you couldn't. And when he didn't respond, you decided to just maybe ask mom to sleep with her instead, but you were cut off when He sighs, and the noises of shuffling can be heard as your brother moved to the side, giving you space on his blue boring and average yet comfy bed.

He pulls the cover over up until your necks, and he stares at you with his usual dull eyes that mirrored to your scared ones. Purple staring into (e/c).

Kusuo wasn't used to comforting people, nor liked it because he thought it was too awkward from him.

But you, you were an exception. Just a tad bit. 

"Was it related to the movie we watched?" He knew it was, obviously. Kusuke would do the same thing when he comforted you, and it worked, most of the time. And he concluded it was because it would get someone to open up and speak about their problems, gaining more comfort when doing so. 

Kusuo tried doing the same thing, though without stroking your back like Kusuke did. Because for him, like he said, it would be awkward.

His voice was tired, hoarse yet smooth and gentle to you, proving a success to help you calm down from you fears. You nod again, this time, covering your eyes in response. 

"It chased me down and tried eating me." You explained, and he hums. 

"That's a gorey sight." He replied with that monotonous tone, not really impressed. 

"I can't tell if you're being mean or genuine." You pout. 

"Just go back to sleep." he told you. "I  wanna sleep." Kusuo clarified, squinting his eyes closed. He was here with you, wasn't he? That should've served an enough fact that you would be safe from what ever was frightening you.

"I can't," you reasoned. "I'll have it again if I do.." 

Kusuo  drags out a sigh. 

Suddenly, a hand goes at the top of your head, ruffling your hair softly before Kusuo muttered. "Nightmare, nightmare..." He patted your head, "Go away!" and then the feeling of the warmth at the top of your head disappeared, with Kusuo swishing his hand as if saying goodbye, lazily putting it back on his sides after. 

A confused sound comes out of your lips, raising a brow from the action. "What?" 

"Now you won't have any nightmares." He simply said. "Now go to sleep, (nickname)." You stay silent for a while, wondering if he was lying or not. "(nickname)." Kusuo calls out, making you blink for a few times before being brought back to reality. You let out a small hum, watching your brothers fist open. 

He pulls you into a stiff hug, giving you the option to pull away if you wanted. 'I'm the strongest.' He slightly cringed at his own sentence as he separated himself from the hug first. But it was true, no doubt. 

Of course, he doesn't like boasting about his powers. In fact, he loathed them because of the fact that he couldn't experience the things you were feeling in your life. 

Despite that though, he was thankful that at least his powers had a purpose other than making his life disastrous.

'And I'd never let anything hurt you.' 

Silence fills the room again. And he hears your thoughts go quiet, with three single dots appearing after the other in your mind.

"...That's the first time I've ever heard you say that." You point out, and he rolls his eyes.

'Just- just sleep, please. I'm so tired and all these thoughts that I'm hearing aren't helping out  either.'

 He turns his back against you when hearing your silly giggles finally come out of you, turning back into his boring self once more, ignoring everything about what he said.

 "Goodnight, Kusuo." You murmured, turning to your side as well as you try sleeping. 

"..."

'Night.' 

It was peaceful, quiet, even. And it was nice,

as a nightmare didn't envelope your dreams. Instead, all you remembered was a feeling of warmth and comfort, before waking up to the sunrise, with your brother already awake.

 Instead, all you remembered was a feeling of warmth and comfort, before waking up to the sunrise, with your brother already awake

---

note: my cousin used to do this with me whenever I woke up at night so that's where i got the idea<3

january 20, 24  rewritten