Bittersweet BonBon

Start from the beginning

   Because she had so much free time on her hands, just like Nate, she took up a hobby, creating covers of various genres of music and posting them online. Also like Nate, the moment she had a chance, she asked her controller to be paid at least every week and a half, so she could afford better equipment for her hobby, after having enough to purchase a phone, of course. 

   She had the basics for recording and editing her covers of whatever she chose, as well as a music making software she painstakingly learned to use so she could tweak the genre of the song and make it her own cover. Bonnie also made it clear that if anyone at the Little Western touched her stuff, she'd cry, which was more effective than she thought it would be.

   The little grey saddle tank had everything prepared for her next cover, all that she needed to do was record the vocals for it. Her fans knew she had it prepared, and it was to be released within the next couple of days, which she was easily able to do, so she took her sweet time.

   Waiting at a red signal, Bonnie hummed along to the song that was currently on.

"Aaaany day now.." she spoke to the signal.

   Almost by magic, the signal flipped down, as if telling her right then and there that she could go. Smiling to herself, she slowly puffed forward.

   It was then, far too late, she heard a whistle coming from the other direction, and a loud 'GET OUT OF MY WAY!'

   She perfectly knew that she didn't run a red signal, but it didn't matter, because the other engine did, ramming right into her and knocking them and herself right off the rails, even tipping her on her side, sending both her glasses and headphones flying.

   Both of those things were the least of her problems.

"There are rules you still have to follow, you idiot." she heard a male voice say. "You can't just IGNORE SIGNALS."

"My signal was green, Roland." the derailed engine replied innocently. "Must I remind you you're colorblind?"

"I- am NOT colorblind! But look at what you've done, you've derailed a poor engine and knocked them over. You're not making our return here a very positive one. Keep this up and I'm going my own way and making my own reputation. I'm not getting shunned off this island again because of you."

"Just shut up and go get help, Roland." the engine spat. "Make it snappy, I have places to be, you know."

"That engine you just rammed probably had someone to go too!"

"I didn't.." she groaned. "I sure hope I didn't, anyway.."

"Oh, good, Alfred, you didn't kill her. What's your name? Are you okay?"

"My name is Bonnie, and....I am less than okay. Please go get help."

"See, Alfred? That's how you be polite and nice. There's not a drop of malice in the wee one's voice."

   Rolling his eyes, the supposed Alfred didn't respond as the other engine, apparently known as Roland, puffed off to go get help.

"Bonnie, was it?" Alfred hummed. "I can't say I've ever heard of you. Are you a new engine?"

"Don't talk to me." she whispered.

"Why ever not? We've just met.."

"I don't like your voice or the intent that lies under it. You also ran me over, so pardon me if I don't want to make small talk with you. Plus, your 'boo-hoo I'm the victim' voice makes my headache worse..so please just be quiet until help arrives."

Sodor's New Worker (Semi-Hiatus Due to an AO3 rewrite)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara