Chapter 4: Dangerous Events

That night, when I wanted to go to bed, Hermione asked me something.
"Doesn't Jynx mean, like something evil, like evil spells?"
She almost looked like she was afraid to ask that.
"No, it simply means 'spell' or 'charm' in Latin, it's up to oneself to make that mean something evil. I can assure you, I am not evil. Also, it's written different."
Hermione nodded slowly, and then turned.
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight."

As I wanted to step into my bed, a sharp pain shot through my head. Not like Harry's scar, which I knew a little bit more about, but more like a headache. I closed my eyes for a second and suddenly saw the image of a gigantic dog with three heads. I immediately opened my eyes again, and panting, in shock, sat down on my bed. Then I remembered that Harry and Ron would face Malfoy tonight.
Still thinking about the strange vision I had, I silently walked out the door and to the Gryffindor common room. Just when I thought this was crazy and I could better go back to bed, I saw Harry and Ron sneak across the room and to the portrait hole. Then I thought about the fact that Neville still wasn't back from the hospital. What took so long? Couldn't he just be healed with magic?

"Jynx?" Ron suddenly noticed me.
"Sorry, I had this weird- never mind. Can I come along?"
"Sure, but don't let Malfoy notice you. There's not supposed to be two seconds."
I nodded and went after them.
As I stept through the hole in the wall, a lamp went on.
"I can't believe you're going to do this, Harry," Hermione said, who had appeared behind us. "And you," she turned to me. "Where are you going?"
"I-" I started. "I have a bad feeling. I don't know what it is, but I'm going with them."

"Go back to bed!" Ron said angrily to Hermione. The two argued as we started walking. Hermione had decided to come with us. Still arguing, Harry suddenly shut them up.
"I heard something," he said.
"Mrs Norris?" Ron whispered.
Mrs Norris was the cat of the caretaker, Argus Filch. Filch was always in a bad mood and knew every corner of the school, so if you went out wandering at night, there was a big chance he could catch you.

But it wasn't Mrs Norris. It was Neville.
"Neville, what are you doing out here?" I said to my brother, who had apparently been sleeping on the floor.
"I couldn't remember the new password to get in," he answered.
"It's Pig Snout," Hermione answered.
"How is your arm?" I asked.
"Fine, it was healed in a minute."
"Gosh, Neville, I was getting worried where you were," I sighed.

Neville didn't want to go back alone, so he stayed with us. We didn't cross Filch or his cat, until we were in the trophy room. Then we heard a voice, but it was Filch, not Draco. He was talking to his cat.
We silently went out the room, and heard Filch coming after us. Suddenly, Neville let out a sort of scream and started running.
"Neville, no, stay here!" I whisper-screamed to him.
"Run!" Harry yelled and we ran. We didn't stop until we came in a sort of secret passage. There we tried to catch our breath. We lost Filch, hopefully.

Then a ghost came flying out of a room to us, and squealed at the sight of us.
"Peeves, please shut up, you'll get us caught," I said, giving him a death stare. But Peeves ignored me.
"Wandering around at midnight, ickle firsties? Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty."
"Not if you shut up, Peeves," Hermione said.
"Should I tell Filch, I should," Peeves said with a smirk. I broke out in a cold sweat. He was gonna give us away.
"Get out of the way," Ron said, pushing Peeves. That was a bad idea.
"Students out of bed! Students out of bed below the Charms Corridor!" Peeves yelled.

We ran for our lives, until we came to a door. It was locked. Faster than Hermione, I pulled out my wand that I had taken with me, for, well, moments like this.
"Alohomora!" I said, and the door flew open.
We pushed ourselves through and shut the door. Everyone laid the ears against the door and listened.
"Which way did they go, Peeves?" we heard Filch ask. Oh no, he was really going to give us away. We were done for. I felt my heart beating in my head and my hands were clammy.
"Say please," Peeves said.
"Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go?"
"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please," Peeves said with an annoying singing voice. He was playing with him.
"Alright, please," Filch said, clearly against his will.
"Nothing!" Peeves laughed. "Hahaha! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Hahaha!" I heard Peeves float away and Filch curse.