Chapter VII

When they returned home, it was very late at night. Gabriel carried Nathalie to the bed, sat on the corner of it and buried his face in his hands.
-It was so close... Your plan was brilliant, Nathalie, but I guess I'm just unlucky... - Gabriel replied, slightly depressed by the whole situation.
-Don't worry, we'll do it next time. - said the woman in a tired voice and placed her hand on the man's hand.

When the day finally came, Gabriel decided to do some work. Nathalie was still asleep, so he had plenty of time to design and think. A few hours passed when he finally finished and decided to sit down in the chair for a while. Then he fell asleep. He woke up, but after a while, he had an epiphany.
-I now know how to defeat Ladybug and Cat Noir once and for all! I'm finally bringing Emilie back! - he shouted and ran to Nathalie's room.
-Nathalie! I need Mayura, one last time. - The woman looked at him in disbelief. Even though she still felt a little weak after yesterday's action, she agreed.

Before long, they were both standing on the roof and Hawk Moth was explaining the plan to his assistant.
-Create the biggest emo monster you can, I will akumatize it and increase its strength. Then you will create copies of Ladybug and Cat Noir. We will pretend to fight them. When the real heroes show up, the four of us will attack them. In addition, they will not know which of them is real and which is not. They won't even have time to summon the rest of the heroes, because then our giant emo monster will appear and defeat them and we will get the miraculous. This is my plan. What do you think? Will you help me?
-Of course. - Mayura nodded and started creating the biggest emo-monster she could.

At first everything went according to plan. However, when it came to the moment when Hawk Moth and Mayura and the emo-monsters Ladybug and Cat Noir were to fight the real super heroes, Nathalie started coughing terribly. She crouched down and tried to catch her breath. In the meantime, the heroes have already managed to defeat their false copies. Hawk Moth tried to help Mayura up, but then she became dizzy and fell to the ground. Hawk Moth tried to wake her up somehow, but to no avail. The woman lost consciousness for good. The man got terribly scared, without waiting for Ladybug and Cat Noir's next move, he grabbed Mayura and ran away with her. He then underwent a reverse transformation and quickly took Nathalie to the hospital. Doctors tried to save her somehow, while at the same time Gabriel sat in the waiting room and cried. He was very afraid that he would lose Nathalie the same way he lost Emilie.

Suddenly the doctor called him. He looked at the man sadly and said:
-I'm very sorry, but we couldn't save her. The woman is dead... Please accept my condolences. Gabriel stood dumbfounded in the middle of the corridor and couldn't believe what he had just heard. He couldn't believe he had made the same mistake twice, that he had let this happen.
-No... it's not possible... - he tried to somehow deny the whole situation. - No, not her, not Nathalie... let me into the room, I have to see her! - he shouted suddenly.
When the doctors let him in, he saw his dead assistant, all pale. He placed his head on her breasts and heard no heartbeat. Suddenly he felt tears flowing down his cheeks.
-It's my fault, mine! I failed you! I'm so sorry! Forgive me! It's my fault! Please don't leave me! Without you I am nobody! - he shouted, then embraced her and hugged her tightly, and then burst into tears. He cried for a very long time.