⚡ - Time to Chase Him Down!!

"Fynahh...I'm already beat from cleaning all day." Grim grumbled as the three of them approached the cafeteria. Classes were finished and as promised, they were to clean a hundred windows around campus.

"You're not the only one." Mephisto was grumbling in misery, and so did Ei. Both of them fatigued by the intense cleaning experience. They really underestimated the spaciousness of the place.

Ei took a seat on one of the chairs and stretched; cracking her knuckles and neck. "This place...The main campus alone could compete with the Tenshukaku." 

"This place has so many places. The Tenshukaku is just one tall building.."

"But the Tenshukaku 'is' just one tall building with many places..." The both of them blinked at each other's statements.

"So like- we're supposed to meet that tomato-head here?" 

"I think that's a question you can answer Grim." Mephisto teased the critter. Grim scoffed and sat beside Ei arms crossed with a big frown. The critter just wasn't having this, especially since after this he'll be wasting his precious time cleaning windows left to right.

"Since we're here..." Mephisto then eyed the cafeteria's serving counter. "I might as well treat myself before some cleaning." He left the two to their own accord, and happily skipped over to the ghost by the serving counter.

"Fynah...This day is the worst!" Grim yelled in dismay, plopping his whole body horizontally to fit the bench. He sighed—clearly tired.

"You sound like you're giving up Grim," Mephisto was back, and in his hand was another platter full of desserts. Ei concluded that he had quite the sweet tooth. Seeing the archon stare at him intently, he gently handed her a plate of strawberry shortcake. "I want you to try it. Inazuma doesn't have these kinds of pastries does it? They're usually found around Fontaine, don't they?"

Ei cocked a brow as she took the plate from his hands, "You've...been to Fontaine?" She asked the male. She noticed Mephisto's eyes widen, 'so he had been...' 

"Well... My adventures aren't something I'm really keen on sharing." He said, fiddling with the fork before taking a mouthful of cake into his mouth. Although Ei was curious, she didn't press on the matter, but it definitely made him...suspicious.

"Fnyah! The reason why I came into this school in the first place is to train myself to become the greatest magician!"

"To train myself to become the greatest magician..." Mephisto said in unison with Grim. "I get it, I get it. But you're but a janitor now so...?"

Grim huffed, and turned away from the two of them. He didn't want to argue with the horned male anymore, 'it's just going to be a waste of time!' 

"That's not very nice." Ei commented on Mephisto's rude behavior towards Grim. Clearly not pleased at how brash he was to the struggling grey tanuki.

Mephisto could only shrug in nonchalance, as he took another bite of his strawberry shortcake.

"Don't worry...Things will turn out for the better anyways." He mumbled, eyes glued on the shortcake's white coating. Soon enough, it felt as if his stomach was churning for no apparent reason, and how his heart felt like it was lost at sea—slightly sinking, and although it wasn't too much of a bother, it did lessen his appetite.

He peeked at the beautiful archon that sat beside him, who seemed to be enjoying her shortcake just fine, 'that's a relief..'  He didn't exactly know what to give her as a treat. He then had his eyes glued over to Grim whose face was all pouty, his arms crossing over his chest, and ear flames slightly loosing their ember. Mephisto shifted in his seat, a small frown adorning his face as he awkwardly scratched his nape.