Chapter 1: House Beneviento

The smell of aged wood, floorboards creaking, and the tree leaves rustling as the wind gently blows on it. Soft murmurs enter the ears of the three mercenaries as they lied still and side by side on a dusty room. The chandelier flickering like fireflies loosing their light. 

Timothee's eyes wandered towards the amount of porcelain dolls sat on shelves with unusual designs and expressions sewed onto them. Their clothes were vintage and each had a peculiar object within their grasp. He props one elbow onto the floor as support and gently lifted himself up to sit. He looked to his left and saw Ada and Jake doing the same. 

"Where are we?" Ada asked, hissing as she touched her forehead and felt dried blood on her small head wound. 

"Some kind of 20th century mansion or something." Jake replied as he stood up and grabbed one of the dolls to examine it. 

"19th. They just renovated it." Said Timothee as he got up as well. Leaving Ada alone on the ground tending to her wound. 

"Mmm, so what kinda person lives here? A shaman? Witch doctor? 'Cause these dolls are, I don't know, creepy? Creepier than the ones Jia has." Jake added. 

Ada managed to stand on her own with a bandage around her head. She walks towards the two doors and tried to pry it open. 

"Who couldv'e dragged us here? All three of us?" She asks. 

All three of them met in the middle of the room and all stared at the haunting portrait near the staircase. 

"Could she have done it?" Jake pointed at it. 

A woman with pale skin dressed in black garments, her hair tied in a bun, holding a doll on her lap that's in a tattered wedding dress. 

"Ever seen vampires in real life?" Jake snickered as he climbed the stairs to get a closer look. 

"What do you think, Timothee?" Ada glanced at the bioweapon. 

Timothee didn't reply and followed Jake towards the stairs. Ada sighed, feeling uncomfortable with the ambience. 

"Do you guys smell that?" Ada sniffed through the air and in a blink of an eye, collapsed on the floor. 

"Woah, I'm feelin kinda hazy.. shit -" Before Jake could climb down he slid down the floor and fainted. 

Timothee immediately covered his nose with his gloved hand and looked around for the source. 

"Pollen.." Timothee said as he struggled to keep his eyes open. 

The dolls that were once lifelessly sitting on the shelves began to shake or more like vibrate and all their eyes darted towards him. Timothee stepped back until his back hit the wall, the pollen was becoming too much to bear and he had to hold onto the railings for support. 

"I need.. my .. dose.. " Timothee's eyes rolled back and he collapsed as well. 

Before he could fully close his eyes, he saw a woman standing not too far from him with the same outfit as the woman on the portrait but with a veil on her face. 

"Hehehehe... good night, friend." 

A small menacing voice said before everything turned black. 

In a dream state...

Timothee woke up in the middle of a dimly lit room. His hands flat on top of a table. Suprisingly, he wasn't lying down on the floor anymore. Although he didn't know how he ended up on that chair either. In front of him, an oddly familiar looking doll sat, its head tilted to the side, staring at him.