A massive brown-furred lycan steps out from behind a tree. Almost as tall as I am on two feet he stares at the female in my arms as I near him.

Alpha. Is that her? Costas links me. Not hiding his hope.

Yes. Quilla Kane.

An angry growl renders the air and I feel Quilla stir in my arms, but she does not wake.

She won’t for a few more hours. The lycan marking serum is a powerful one.

Costas bristles on full alert stepping forward as the angry wolf pair panting with exertion emerge through the trees rushing toward us.

Stand down, Costas. There is no threat, it is Alpha Sebastian and Alpha Neo.

I don’t stop, sweeping past my Gamma with Sebastian and Neo’s wolves hot at my heels.

We cross into Arden territory immediately confronted by the pack’s epsilons.

They take one look at me and Costas, seven-foot lycans standing on our feet, and whimper, easing back into the woods.

Costas takes the lead, fully on guard, and behind me Sebastian and Neo growl their fury at my back.

I understand their anger. I know what I have done.

Omegas rush out of the pack house handing out clothes to Sebastian and Neo as they shift, while Costas and I remain in our lycan form.

“What the fuck have you done to my daughter!” Neo strides toward me with Sebastian close behind her after they shift and change.

She came to me. I did what needed to be done. I marked her. I link both Neo and Sebastian my responses.

Sebastian stands before me, rage seeping from his pores as his claws extend. He is a large Alpha, but I am lycan and his King, he knows he cannot take me. I admire his fearlessness though as he steps to me.

“You had no right to mark her.” he snarls, canines showing.

I snarl back bristling in anger.

Quilla is my mate. I had every right. Those bears would not have let her go. This was the only way.

“You asshole. How do you think she is going to feel when she wakes and finds out she’s been ripped from her family yet again!” Neo screams at me and I crack my neck restraining my own fury at her disrespect.

Costas steps in front of me facing Neo and Sebastian.

Watch yourself Alpha Neo, you are crossing a line. I will not tolerate insults to my King.

Neo snarls at Costas, “Well, you better build some fucking tolerance because he just marked my daughter without her consent and kidnapped her. You may be Alpha King, Viggo, but you are bound by wolf law too. I demand you release my daughter into my custody until she accepts your claim.”

I growl and tighten my grip around Quilla. Only when I hear a soft whimper do I realize I am squeezing her too hard.

Costas turns to me.

Is it true Viggo? Has she not accepted your claim?

I growl low and Costas closes his eyes, but not before I catch his disappointment.

He stiffens his shoulders and opens his eyes.

You have to hand her over to her parents Viggo. Until Quilla has accepted you, you should not have marked her.

I bristle under Costas’s chastisement and Sebastian steps closer to me.

“Give me my daughter.” He demands.