𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 4: 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Start from the beginning

        "District 1: Sapphire Clause and Bradley Chase. Careers, both 18 years old, and if you can't tell, are both extremely muscled up. Any guesses to their strengths?" She looks expectantly at Raven, knowing she is good at reading people. Raven lights up and wipes her mouth, happy to be able to contribute to something.

        "I'd assume they both are excellent at hand to hand combat. The boy seems to be a swordsman based on the calluses on his hands. I can't tell about the girl," she admits sheepishly at the end.

        "No worries. The girl wasn't quiet during the parade, and admitted to being a master with a bow and arrow. She will be lethal long distance and in close range. District 2: Wisteria Jane and Clay Stonehedge. Wisteria is 16, Clay is 17. Clay is more on the lanky side, but don't let that fool you. Look at his hands: You can tell he's got good grip strength." Ronan clings onto Raven's hand, slightly afraid at the prospect of such talented adversaries. "District 4-"

        "Misty and Poseidon," Raven completes, remembering their encounter earlier. "Misty's 17, Poseidon's 18. They aren't too bulky, but definitely muscular and toned. Finnick didn't hide the fact that he is more hopeful for Misty's success in the games. Misty uses a trident and is the stronger swimmer. The male tribute uses heavier weapons, such as spikes. He'll likely use the heavy things around him to his advantage." Opal smiles, digging through her pocket for her cigarette packet, and sighing in relief when she found it. "What about the rest of the tributes?" Raven eagerly questioned.

        "District 3 and 11 are always one to look out for. Three knows how to manipulate the technology in the arena, and eleven knows what food you can or cannot eat, and they may use that to trick you." She huffs from her cigarette before pausing. She clears her throat, suddenly feeling inconsiderate for doing it in front of them, but brushes it off. "Tomorrow, you two are not to reveal your skills whatsoever. Raven, you said you're slow at tree-climbing, so take a lesson on it. Take survival lessons: Fire, climbing, safe plants and animals, hunting, you get me?"

        "What about self-defense?" Ronan jumps in.

        "You two already have a jump on that. But save all the fancy weaponry skills for when the gamemakers evaluate you. Take self defense lessons from me. I'll teach you that. Be prepared, I won't be going easy on you two," she chuckles, taking another puff of her cigarette.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·. 

During the lunch break in between the training periods, she sat with Ronan, until they are joined by the district 4 tributes. Poseidon and Misty don't even bother trying to start a conversation with Raven, and instead talk with Ronan. Raven tunes them out and begins to think about her training session with Opal later.

        Unlike other children from district 6, during her games, she was a proud 5'10. And despite being on the skinnier side, she put up a good fight, having been working making transportation since she was 13. She was legendary for her brutal kills and for drawing a smile on the victims she killed. A little insane? Sure. But Raven can deal with insane. If anyone could teach her self defense, it's Opal.

        When they've all entered the training center, Raven is practicing climbing trees. She does it over and over, and refuses to stop until she can scurry up it like a squirrel. She's panting, but she pushes through and continues until she has achieved a time that satisfies her. She looks around and is glad to see that no one has seen her constantly climbing the same goddamn tree over and over again while panting like a puppy. Or at least: She thought no one is looking at her.