Veni, vidi, vici

Sunghoon is nineteen years old, he is a Korean man, who has lived in America since he was eleven years old, and therefore he fluently speaks English. He spends his days in his flat playing video games and learning beyond the internet, he almost never leaves his home.

It was 8 a.m., Sunghoon was sleeping peacefully until someone knocked at the door. Dressed in his pajamas, he woke up and went through his kitchen to open his door. There was no one on the landing. He turned his head from left to right until he saw a box on the floor. The young man took it, locked the door, and put it on her bed which was covered with a horizon blue sheet.

"What is it?" he asked, confused.

He scratched his head while looking at this silver box, hesitating, he opened it. Inside it was engraved a sentence "Veni, vidi, vici".

"Veni, vidi, vici?" he said with an exclamative voice.

A notification appeared on his phone, more precisely, a message. There was only one word on this message "Veni" ("I came.")

"It's just a joke," he whispered.

A few minutes later, he settled on his gaming chair which began to slowly rotate. Sunghoon turned on his computer. He bought it a few weeks ago, but it had just arrived yesterday around 6 p.m. He waited for its launch because there were some updates to install. During this time, he prepared a coffee while looking at the landscape through his sixth-floor window. Like every morning, he saw one of his neighbors who was on his balcony. He nodded at him to greet him. This one was named Jake, he moved in on the same day as Sunghoon and they both got along very well from day one.

He took his mug to go back on his chair. Unfortunately, he saw an error message. He raised an eyebrow.

"What the heck with me today? I do not understand." He said it with sadness in his voice.

He closed the message, he leaped when he saw what was written on the screen.

"I see you little boy." In the background, there was a bathroom image.

"Ok, I'll turn it off." Said it.

It was a trembling hand that Sunghoon put on his mouse. He turned the computer off without any problem and went back to his kitchen to clean his cup. After that, he decided to go to his bed to relax himself by listening to music.

Later that evening, he received a new message: "Your bed is comfortable? Do you wait me ? Vidi (I saw)." The young man blinked twice, thinking he was in a nightmare.

Sunghoon turned off his smartphone and decided to sleep.

The next day, November the third, at 11 a.m., he woke up without any problem or message. He did his morning routine and went to his bathroom to wash himself. But at that moment, the sound of a door opening came to his ears, he barely had time to turn around when he felt stabbed.

He jumped up from his bed.

"Oof, it was just a bad dream, I was going to be mad about this."

A few seconds later, someone knocked at the door, he received a message: "Vici (I overcame.)".