"christmas day once again" | thirty - one

Start from the beginning

You also helped clean up the house a little, while your mom baked cookies for some reason.. but she always made the best cookies. But.. your grandma always made them better, you thought.

In your room, you were listening to music. Just some music that you thought would fit the occasion.

"Later on, we'll conspire.. As we dream by the fire. To face unafraid, the plans we've made.. walking in a winter wonderland." You hummed the lyrics to yourself, whilst writing a letter to put into Xiao's gift.

Suddenly, a knock was heard at the door, but you didn't check who was at the door. Your parents were here for once, anyways. They could easily open the door themselves; you were busy, anyways.

As your mother answered the door, a voice was heard just a few seconds later.

"Y/N! It's your boyfriend, get down here!" Your mother yelled. Your heart skipped a literal beat, as you rushed to get your gift ready, and fix up your clothes. You were wearing simple christmas pajama pants, and a long sleeve white crop top. It wasn't too short though.

You quickly ran downstairs, as your mother went back to the kitchen to leave you and him alone. Your father was just hanging around your mother, still desperately trying to get a kiss from her.

But like always, you managed to trip on the last step, like always.. you were in such a rush. Xiao quickly stepped in, and caught you in his arms. He let out a quiet sigh, gently stroking your head with his thumb.

"... Have you ever thought of putting tape on that bottom step? Or.. just watched your step?" He said in his usual tone of voice.

"Yeah.. thought of that, and yet I didn't.."

As you quickly pulled away from his warm embrace, you noticed a gift box beside Xiao's foot. Xiao quickly took it, before giving it to you. You excitedly accepted it, before remembering, and giving him your gift.

"M.. merry Christmas, Y/N.. dear.." Xiao always looked so adorable when he was so nervous. You smiled sweetly.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Xiao."

Xiao turned to quickly run off, but you caught his hand. You held it so.. tenderly, pulling him back inside.

"Can you.. stay over for a little?" You asked, putting your other hand on the hand you were holding. He thought for a moment, before taking out his phone from his jacket pocket.

"I'll ask.." He replied.

I simply nodded, sitting down on a small bench nearby. You set down the gift he gave you, as he slipped his jacket off, hung it on the coat hanger by the door. He quickly took off his shoes, and closed the door behind him, and took a seat beside you.

His hand rested on his knee, using the other to open his phone, and call his father, Zhongli.

Meanwhile, you looked at the gift he gave you. If he decided to stay, you should probably open it upstairs in your room. Meanwhile, Xiao talked to Zhongli for a little, before hanging up.

"He's fine with it." He replied bluntly, before putting his phone away. He took the gift you given him, and took your hand in the other.

"Okay then.. follow me!" You quickly took him upstairs into your room, before closing the door behind you. As you set down the gift on your bed, you sat down, and rested your head on the headboard. He did the same, taking a seat beside you.

"Open yours first now, silly." You once again smiled, as he looked at your gift. He slowly teared away the wrapping paper, and opened the box. He also had to removed some tissue paper, leaving the letter aside for now.

Inside.. was volumes 29, and 30 of "Kimi ni Todoke" in it, along with a Totoro Keychain. He also read your letter, before covering his face with his hands. He always got so shy when it came to this.

"T-.. thank.. you.." He managed to mutter out. Just to make this worse for him, you gave him a little kiss on his hand covering his face. He just got more redder, as you simply looked over at the gift

As you removed the contents from the bag, you noticed quite a lot.. despite the bag not even being that huge. Inside, was a letter from him, a comfortable brand new cardigan, perfume in a beautiful bottle, some soft lipstick, and "100 reasons why I love you." He wrote it himself.. which must've taken a lot of work.

"Aww, thank you Xiao!" I looked over at him, he looked back at you, his cheeks still slightly red.

"Hm.." He hummed in reply, but he could help it. A small smile appeared on his face.

Just then, you quickly got off your bed, as you took your phone, and some earphones. "Do you wanna listen to some music?" You asked him. He thought for a moment, before nodding.

You jumped back in bed with him, putting an earbud into your ear. You gave the other to Xiao, as he put it into his ear.

While you were going onto Spotify, and looking for a good Playlist, Xiao suddenly grabbed you by the waist. His warm hands held your waist in place, before giving your lips a little peck.

Your cheeks flared up because of this, but instead moving on, you leaned in for another kiss. The kiss was longer.. his lips felt so soft against yours, his eyes closed.

But.. after a few seconds, he pulled away with a smile. You let out a soft sigh, resting your head on his shoulder. You felt his head rest on yours, wrapping a arm around you to pull you even closer to his body.

As you two cuddled, your Playlist finally began to play. You placed your phone beside you. Currently, it was playing.. "This Is How It Feels."

"So this is how it feels.. to fall in love with you."

"To always think of you. To always dream of you."

Just then, you noticed outside.. snow began to fall. This was a perfect moment.. this was how you wanted to spend christmas; in Xiao's arms, feeling warm and cozy from the cold and harsh weather.

When you looked over at your desk, it seemed your mother left you and Xiao some hot chocolate, and some freshly baked cookies.. maybe she put them there earlier while Xiao was calling Zhongli?

How nice.

˗ˋ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˊ˗

a/n

merry christmas everyone! i hope you all will be patient with me; but I'm really hoping to finally post the next official chapter of this story in January. I'm just so lazy..

thank you all so much for reading this night,are of a book! also there's so many comments.. and votes, thank you so so much!

also who else listens to laufey?

word count - 1683 words !