( 2k reads bonus! ) " how can one love? " twenty - three

" how can one love? "
23

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

[ xiao's pov!! ]

After what seemed like forever, me and Y/N are finally dating. It's..  weird, I don't how how to act, or what to do in a relationship, especially with Y/N.

As these thoughts continued swirling in my head, I heard a loud tap. It was from Mrs. Ningguang, who was trying to get the attention of merely everyone, as most of us weren't exactly listening.

She cleared her throat. " Now, who would like to answer this question? " She picked on someone, before picking Y/N. " Now, do you know what the answer is? " Y/N looked at the board for a little, rubbing her eyes.

" 143,69..? " She scratched her head, while Ningguang sighed, annoyed. " Try to pay attention next time.. there's only a few more months for this school year. " Y/N nodded in response, before putting her head down to sleep.

I.. feel like this has happened before, though. Is this just what Y/N does every single time we have math

RINGGG!!

" Oh, everybody, have a good break. Make sure you don't cause your grown - ups too much trouble this time. " Mrs. Ningguang quickly grabbed her lunch bag, and waterbottle before exiting the classroom.

Immediately, everyone began talking, and yelling left and right. I quickly grabbed a snack, and my waterbottle, before leaving aswell. Hu Tao, Lumine, and Y/N also left with me, probably to meet our other friends.

The two of them caught up with me, as I began to snack on a granola bar. After a few minutes of silent walking, it seemed like Hu Tao spotted Chongyun, Xingqiu, and Venti turning a corner.

Immediately, Venti spotted us, and ran up to Lumine, hugging her. " H - hey.. why the sudden hug? " Lumine asks, hugging him back. Venti paused for a good minute or two, before responding. " I just really missed you! I haven't seen you for so long because I had to help Xingqiu with student council!! "

" But.. didn't they only call you down by the middle of 2nd period..? It's only been like.. twenty minutes.. " Lumine quickly pulled away from Venti, while he looked off to the side, looking stubborn.

" But twenty minutes in there felt like forever! It was so boring.. the only interesting thing there was when we discussed about the play.. " He gave us a sad look, before turning to Lumine to give her the same face.

" That's the second time you guys mentioned the play.. do you think we could join, though? " Y/N asks. Venti nodded aggressively. " Well.. when they ask for people to join, then you guys could audition, though are you sure you guys have both the confidence, and the talent too? " Xingqiu asked, while holding his book to the side.

" I'm sure we all do! " Hu Tao replied, grinning - smiling.

" Let's all just head to the cafeteria now.. the bread's gonna be all gone if we all continue to chat! " Y/N quickly grabbed my head, leading me to the cafeteria. I just felt .. my heart beating faster.

Despite her doing this quite a lot, it always just surprises me, and just make me.. blush, I suppose.

" Everyone in line! Hurry! " Our whole friend group began to line up for the food. After we all received our food, we all finally found a table to sit at. It was a huge table at a corner.