5. 𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐘𝐀'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓

Start from the beginning

The door opened slowly and Divya Aunty entered. "Good morning beta. If you're ready then, come down for breakfast." She smiled looking at me.

"Ji Aunty." I saw her closing the door. I quickly put on my watch and silver bangles.

I looked at myself in the mirror and my bindi was missing. I grabbed a small black bindi from the box and neatly placed it between my eyebrows.

I grabbed my purse and phone and left the room. I descended the stairs and entered the dining area. My eyes widened when I saw Vishakha at the table along with uncle and aunt.

Am I late? I looked at my wristwatch, it was 8 am. My watch is not working? I moved closer and my gaze went to the clock on the wall. It was indeed 8.

Is she okay?

"What's happening? Vish is up this early?" I asked and she rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Not you too Nia. They were already shocked enough," she said pointing at uncle and aunt.

"It is shocking." I tried to not laugh.

"Shut up! I have work today and of course, my work is more important than my sleep. Do not doubt my professionalism!" She was ready in her formal attire, looks like she really has work.

"Of course my daughter is very serious about her work." Uncle tried his best to sound serious but his face was all ready to burst into laughter.

"Not funny Dad." Ignoring everyone she started her breakfast. "By the way, are you free this morning?" She asked, digging her spoon in her smoothie bowl.

"Why are you asking?" I questioned, raising my brows.

"I was called to give nutrition lessons to kids in a school today. They wanted me to educate the kids regarding healthy eating and the importance of healthy and good food. They said the kids nowadays really don't look after what they consume but a specialist can make them understand. And as they are still kids they will know about this from a very young age as it's important for them."

"So I wanted you to join me as well. You are good with kids, it will help me out. I didn't want to do this but it's a reputed school and my clinic is still new so I think it's a good way to advertise about it. They said the parents will also be there and I think it's a good chance. So tell me will you come with me?" She asked, dropping the spoon back in the bowl.

I thought for a moment if I had any appointments today. There were no appointments till 1 pm so I think I can join her.

"You should go. Shruti's appointment is at 6 in the evening and I think you don't have any more till afternoon." Aunty reminded me and my mind went back to the last time I met them.

It's been more than a week since we visited the palace. After knowing that Inaya was Meera's daughter, my mind kept thinking about that day. The day I wanted to forget so badly.

All the memories kept coming back and flashed in front of my eyes on loop. The nightmares were back and more frequent. Even though these nightmares never ended, at least they were not this frequent.

I need to talk to Dr. Somya about this. I don't want to go back to those days again. I would not be able to handle it again.

"Nia? You are coming with me right?" Vishakha nudged my shoulder and I came back to reality.

"Huh?" I looked around.

"What's wrong with you these days? I asked, Are you coming or not?" She asked again with concern in her voice.

"Yeah, I am coming." I replied without thinking much. Going with her might distract me from all these thoughts. I can't let my past keep haunting me. I need to let those things go.