Chapter 3- "Monsters"

Comincia dall'inizio

"Sorry." Both me and Stiles mumbled together.

30 minutes passed and I was starting to bob over and under the water, Derek's weight getting to be too much for me. I looked over at Stiles to see him struggling, just barely floating the surface, "I don't know how much longer I can hold him, Stiles." I yelled, swallowing the chlorinated water.

Derek started looking around the room, searching for the lizard, "How about you both get me out of here before I drown!" He snapped at us.

Stiles just stared at him, "You're worried about drowning? Did you notice the thing out there with multiple rows of razor sharp teeth?" Stiles snapped back with wide eyes.

"Did you notice that I'm paralyzed from the neck down in eight feet of water!" Derek yelled out, I began searching the outside of the pool for a giant lizard, finding it no where.

"Okay. I don't see it. Derek where is it!" I yelled trying to keep myself up.

We waited a few seconds, looking around the room quickly. "Wait, wait, wait, stop, stop!" Derek yelled out all of the sudden. I turned to see it stalking around the other end of the pool.

"Well what's it waiting for?" Stiles asked Derek.

He didn't receive an answer so he looked over at me, raising a questioning eyebrow. "I-I don't know." I whispered out.
__________

"Okay. I don't think I can do this much longer." Stiles told Derek and I, trying to avoid swallowing water.

I looked over at the phone, across the pool and met Stiles's gaze after. He nodded slowly over at me. Derek looked at our silent conversation and began furiously shaking his head.

"No, no, no. Don't even think about it!" He snapped, shifting his gaze between me and Stiles.

"Would you just trust me this once! Ami can hold you!" Stiles protested.

"No."

"We're the ones keeping you alive. Okay? Have you noticed that?" Stiles yelled at Derek.

"Yeah? And when this paralysis wears off, who is going to be able to fight this thing, you or me? You don't trust me I don't trust you. I do trust Amelia though, but YOU need me to survive, which is why you're not letting me go, got that?" He replied. I saw the determined look on his face and knew he didn't listen to a word Derek just said. He took a deep breath and dropped Derek, swimming to the edge of the pool to grab my phone.

Right after he dropped Derek, his heavy weight pulled me like an anchor straight to the bottom of the deep end. Bubbles were flying from my mouth as I began to loose consciousness, I made eye contact with Derek, who was using his eyes to tell me to let him go but I shook my head in refusal.

As soon as my eyes closed, I felt myself being pulled to the surface, as soon as I got there I gasped in a huge breath before opening my eyes. "Please tell me you got him." I said, looking over at Stiles over Derek's body with pleading eyes. But the look on his face told me he didn't.

"Why didn't you let me go? Are you crazy?" Derek chastised me.

I looked over at him, "I wasn't just going to let you drown alone, were a pack, we stick together." I said to him, choking on the water in the process.

He shushed me, "No, don't talk."

About 20 more minutes went by and I started sinking under. "I can't-I can't hold you up anymore."

Stiles added to my statement, "I need something to hold on too."

He looked over to the edge, looking at the rails under the diving board. He started swimming over to it, and as soon as we got there, something pulled us out. I looked up and was met with familiar chocolate brown eyes. "Oh I am so happy to see you," I breathed out a relieved sigh, latching myself onto Scott. I could feel Derek stiffen from next to me but decided to ignore it.