Sincerely, Yours-2

The window rolls down and reveals Ryan Scott. His reaction was a mix of surprise and trying-to-control-his-laugh. And, there I was, standing in front of him with my lips in a pout. I realize it when he starts staring at my lips with surprise. And suddenly, I'm too embarrassed that I am frozen in place for a few seconds.

When I snap into "life" again, I turn away too quickly, enter the school and start walking towards the restroom. I feel Ryan following me. But, I don't stop.

I went to the restroom and stayed there for a while, embarrassed and thinking, "what will he be thinking about me?". I was determined to ignore and avoid him for the rest of the day, maybe, the rest of my life. I can't meet his eyes, I thought.

But when I came out of the restroom, I found Ryan leaning against the wall of the hallway near the restroom. I try to avoid him and turn to go to the opposite side, far, far way from him. As far as I can.

I turned to walk away when he calls me," Millie!"

I don't stop. He calls again and I ignore him. He starts to follow me.

Suddenly, I stop and I couldn't walk away and I realize he has held my hand. Very gently. Just to stop me from running away.

He pulls me into an empty classroom.

I look at his hand holding my hand. He sees me staring at our hands, but still doesn't leave my hand.

"Look at me", he says.

"I can't look at you", I say.

"why not?"

I don't reply.

"Are you going to ignore me for the rest of the day?", he says with a little smile and a little sarcasm in his voice.

"No, I was-No, I'm not ignoring you", I say panicking a little bit but still not meeting his eyes.

"Oh, Really?", he said," Why did you start going to the opposite side after seeing me then?"

"Who? Me?-No, You must have been mistaken!"

"Seriously?", he says with a strange kind of smile.

I was surprised to see that he wasn't annoyed that I was clearly lying on his face. he was just smiling.

"Hey", he touched a finger to my chin and turned my face to look at him, "What happened?"

He's asking me what happened! I don't think that he realizes this but this is the first time he has ever touched me! and I think I'm blushing. I try to cover my cheek with my other hand.

He sees that and smiles.

"See, You're doing this and then, you're asking me what happened?!", I say, a little offended.

"What did I do?"

"You're laughing at me! You're laughing at how stupid I am and-",I stop mid sentence when he starts smiling- like full bare teeth smiling. And I realize that he has dimples. That don't show when he usually smiles. They look so go on his face! I snap back to reality when he says:

"I'm not laugh -God-I'm not laughing at you!"

"Then, what is this ?", I say pointing to his face.

"I am not laughing, I'm smiling at how childish you are and I don't think you are stupid"

"I'm not childish!"

"Why were you avoiding me then?", he asks, a little serious now.

"I just-I-I was", I feel a little hesitant.

"Hey, You can tell me. What happened?" , he looks at me with gentle eyes.

"I was just embarrassed about what happened outside", I say, "You know, I was just trying to- I don't know!", I say looking down at my feet.

"Look at me"

I shake my head.

He touches a finger at my chin and makes me face him. "You don't need to feel embarrassed-"

I look into his eyes. The bell rings and he leaves my hand and tells me to go to class.

————————————————————————

We had a lot of fun together. We went to school picnic, We went to prom together and days and months passed, just like that, very fast and the day finally came, when we all had to say goodbye to each other:

GRADUATION!