Down The Chimney He Goes

"Do you want me to turn the lights off?"

"Ah-!! Wait, hold on!"

He held out his hands, motioning for the other boy to stop as he reached out towards a small Keroppi figure on the nightstand.

[click]

A soft, yet warm green light glows.

"Now you can!"

"..Is that a nightlight?"

"Y-yes! Why?!"

"Nothing, nothing.."

[click]

"I'm just a bit surprised. I didn't think you slept with a nightlight."

"Well, that's just because I never told you.."

"I find it quite adorable, fufu~ our dear troupe leader, sleeping with a nightlight AND stuffed animals?"

"SHUT UP!!! You know Emu does the same and you don't bully her for it!!"

"Oh, did that come off wrong? I apologize, my dear star~! I didn't mean to hurt you..!"

"I won't forgive you unless you hug me."

He outstretches his arms as he lays down in bed, making grabby hands.

"Come."

"Ah.."

"What, did you think I'd let you sleep on the couch or something?! Not only would that make me a bad host, but we're also boyfriends! Lay down beside me, Rui!"

"Of course.."

"Don't act so flustered about it!"

"Your face is red, too.."

"HOW CAN YOU TELL?!! The light is green!!! Keroppi green!!"

He joins his boyfriend on the small bed. The star wraps his arms around his director, pulling him close so he wouldn't risk falling off.

"I just can. We're quite close, too."

The blond buries his head against the taller one.

"Shut up."

"What did you say?"

He pulls back, huffing.

"Mmm.. go to sleep, Rui."

He buries his face against his chest once more.

"...Goodnight, Tsukasa-kun."

"G'night.."

Rui waits until he can hear Tsukasa's snores. When he does, he slowly and carefully reaches for the Keroppi nightlight and turns it off with a click, making sure that the blond doesn't wake up. Then he wraps his arm around Tsukasa once more, and goes to sleep for the night, smiling as he feels Tsukasa's soft breath against his chest and hears his soft snores that were bound to grow louder later on.

"Goodnight, my love."

————

A nightlight.

That's what Rui had made Tsukasa for Christmas.

Since that day, the thought stuck in Rui's mind: 'What if I make him a nightlight for Christmas?'

It was one of those thoughts where you would go "Nah, I probably can't do that. I don't have the money or the materials and stuff" but then suddenly you actually do it and you're like "Huh. I did end up doing it. Neat." And it just feels like a fever dream.