This process continued for the next two hours, I got a toy and a fluffy blanket for Hades and some other things. Now only two things still laid under the tree and I knew that one was for Natasha, who just had received a gift I assumed was from dad.
After she unpacked it she stood up and walked straight to the present that wasn't for her.
She glanced at the nametag for a second, a very short second if you ask me, and handed it to me. I thanked her and opened it. Inside was a beautiful wooden box. My finger hovered over the engraved russian words. A glance at the nametag and I knew it was a gift form her because the tag was empty so she couldn't have known otherwise. I mumbled another thank you and put it behind me, where my other presents were. I really wanted to open the box in private so I walked to the last present and gave it to Natasha.
Since it was from me I wasn't suprised when the inside contained a black metallic box. A quick glance at me and she probably knew from who it was as well. I had a similar idea as Natasha I guess as I had a message engraved as well. Also in a language she didn't understand. But for my part it just was coded in a really weird code she'd need at least two weeks to break. At least that's what my analytics said. However the redhead hummed and also didn't open the box for now.
Inside waited two spider-cams including a mini-control board and a pair of black earrings with a small emerald. They made a great contrast to her hair and almost had the same color as her eyes. But she'll find that out later.
Morgan said that she was tired and most of us agreed with her so we decided to go to bed. Everyone left, putting the unpacked presents under the tree again. The only things I took with me were the blanket for Hades and the box from Natasha.
I opened the box and the inside was covered with black satin. On top of that was a bracelet with a knife and an anchor and two identical knives. The handle had the perfect length for my hand and fighting stil. The blade was long and elegant, easy to hide underneath a jacket and probably sharp enough to cut everything that's softer than steel. The only difference was that one blade was deep red marbled with a black handle and the second one was deep purple but marbled as well and with a white handle. On the end of the black handle was 'fire' engraved, on the white 'night'.
I decided to read the card that laid underneath it later and changed into my pj's and put a sweater over my black tanktop.

I wanted to get at least some stuff cleaned in the kitchen before I get to sleep.
Just as I hoped I met a certain red head, who thought the same. After everything was cleaned I fast got a small bag and gave it to Natasha.
She looked at me confused and I began to explain "That's not exactly a present, it's a sweater that is actually yours. One I never gave you back..."
She looked inside the bag and smiled "So there it was. With you, all that time and I already wondered where I lost it" I nod shyly with flushed cheeks once again
"You gave it to me on our second or thrid encounter. I was down in the lab and you helped me to calm down when...when I wasn't feeling too well. You gave it to me when I got cold on the leather couch and never took it back. And I wanted to keep it for a few days because it gave me some sort of comfort and then I forgot to give it back to you. And every time I wore it mom washed it and put it back into my closet because she doesn't know that it's yours" Natasha put the sweater on the, now clean, counter and pulled me into a thight hug. "Thank you Y/N. Not just for the sweater but also for your present and for the christmas sweater. And for the coffee and that hot chocolate." We just stayed like this for a few minutes, enjoying the closeness before she pulled slightly away and put her forehead on mine "Thank you for this Christmas, it the best I've ever had and that's on you because I know that you planned this day. You're an amazing person and I'd do anything for you принцесса" Everything felt so right at that moment, yeah we're just standing in a kitchen we just cleaned up but that didn't matter right now. It felt so right. Safe. "Tasha, I-"
The door opened. Natasha and I quickly got a bit away from each other as Sam and Bucky came in. And I thought this kind of shit just happens in fucking books.
"Hey ladies" they both said in unison but instead of an answer they received a death stare from Natasha, who left without saying another word to me. "Well she's pissed" Bucky unnecessarily mentioned and I rolled my eyes at him "Yeah, no shit. And she's kinda got a point you know?" I responded before leaving as well.
I'm living a fucking. book. But not even a good one. augh.
I spent the next 30 minutes debating what to do and found myself on my way to her room.
"Nat?" I carefully knocked, hoping she'd still be awake. And she was. Her door opened but to my surprise I met two red eyes, as if she's been crying recently. "Hey...is everything alright?" "What do you want Stark?" Taken back by her harsh words I wasn't so sure about what I wanted to say to her when I got here. "You know, about ealier..."
"Just forget about it Y/N. Forget what's inside you're stupid Christmas card from me, forget what's happened ok? It was a joke, ok? Some stupid bet, if that helps you."
"W-what?" I managed to get out, tears fillingy eyes. I'd say I saw regret and concern flash before her eyes but I don't know anything. If this whole friendship, subtle flirting and everything was just fake I guess I can't be sure about anything.
And with that the redhead closed her door.

----------
words: 1943

I'm sorry.
I actually am.
But trust me when I tell you that this is the version that hurts less compared to my original plan for this story
But you have every right to be mad at me and Bucky/Sam xd

Happy Christmas 🤍❤️
Till next week with another chapter, maybe two again, as this week.
Eat and drink enough, love you ❤️🤍