Prologue

Kevin McHale's POV:

Hi guys my name is Kevin Edward McHale. I am the Power Forward for the Boston Celtics. Well let's just say it started as a normal day as I was listening to Simply Jessie by Rex Smith and other artists that were dating back in the 70s. Please don't ask my mom and dad about those things because I already know some of the songs haha. Just a joke. Anyways let's begin with the story.

A/N: man! I wished I was born in this era haha the 70s and 80s are the best even though I was born in 1998 lol 😂. Also, not to be confused with the other Kevin of Glee because dude!

June 1980
Brooklyn, New York,
7:30pm,

"The Boston Celtics select: Kevin Edward McHale! From the University of Minnesota!" The guy with a grey hair had called to Kevin who would always dreamed of wanting to play in Boston.

Kevin McHale's POV: My oh my! I can't believe I am going to be playing for Boston Celtics in which it was always been my dream to be part of the Celtics. Well not so much for me to look forward to but man! This is going to be amazing for my future career as I am beginning my chapter in the NBA. Next, I was having dinner with my family as my parents were so excited knowing that I'm going to be able to experience the moment that I wanted to have.

Mrs. McHale: Kevin we are so proud of you.

Kevin McHale: Thanks Mom.

Mr. McHale: it feels like yesterday when Kevin was a baby and now look at him, he's a young man with big dreams and big heart.

Mrs. McHale: anyways, why don't we have a talk about your life when you're going to the league?

Kevin McHale: sure Mom.

{ Time Skip to the NBA Preseason }

Kevin McHale meets the teammates as he was approached by the man with a blond hair. Well, it was not until he got to the locker room where he would get ready to go to the basketball court. "Hello, what's your name?" "I'm Kevin Edward McHale. Call me Kevin," "Nice to meet you Kevin, I'm Larry Bird. People call me Legendary Larry,"

Kevin McHale: so I have been thinking- oh my bad! I'm just shy that's all.

Larry Bird: no worries, it's normal to be shy when it comes to meeting your teammates.

Kevin McHale: yeah I know and perhaps, I have been thinking of wanting to meet with the other players. How about you? What have you been up to?

Larry Bird: Oh not much, just being with my family and friends. My mom decided to put a tape for the music when we were there.

Kevin McHale: let me guess, have you been listening to Rex Smith?

Larry Bird: yeah and his music is so good.

Kevin McHale: and Beach Boys.

Larry Bird: Even better Kevin! Golly, you made me get hooked up with the band haha.

Kevin McHale: I know. Makes me want to flirt with them because I am so in love.

Larry Bird: Oh Kevin.

Man: say! Have you been flirting?

Kevin McHale: Flirting? No, we're just talking about music.

Man: I see. I'm Robert Parish

Kevin McHale: Kevin, nice to meet you.

Robert Parish: So when you guys are in need of the Center for the Boston Celtics, I'm up for the backup.

Kevin McHale: of course! Besides, I am going to outsmart the opponents.

Robert Parish: we'll see what we can do with the teams.

Kevin McHale: and of course, win the NBA championship finals.

Robert Parish: you betcha Kevin.

Larry Bird: that reminds me, we need to get dressed up soon because the game is about to start.

Robert Parish: right!

Kevin McHale's POV:

We were getting ready to get out of the locker room for the first preseason game and as I stated before, our goal was to win the NBA championship and yep, we will clinch the playoffs along with Larry, Robert and the rest of the team. Oh and please don't ask Larry to be my boyfriend because we are on the acquaintance first and foremost, the baby plans. I just don't want to pressure myself for now. Although, I'll wait and see.