"Come on in mum , dad." I switch on the lights as they sit on the couch.

"So, how did this happen?" I mask my anxiety with a smile.

"We were headed to Boston for the preparations of Angelina's wedding. So we thought of visiting you first. It's been so long since we have seen you Hay."

" I know mom. I missed you both so much. And I'm so glad you're here." I say softly.

"We missed you too Hay. But we have to leave in two hours."

"Two hours?That's not fair dad." I walk to my father and hug him.

"I know Haybug. But we need to be there for the wedding." He says as he strokes my hair.

I sigh and say, "Okay. You both freshen up. I'll set the plates."

They both smile at me, hug me again and my dad goes to the washroom- luckily the one outside my room while my mom comes to kitchen with me to help me. I'm about to reach for the tacks when the doorbell rings. Shit. Damnit!

"I'll get that." My mom says starting to walk to the door.

My eyes widen and I rush to my mom and stand right in front of the door to lock it.

"Um I'll see this mom. You um..... why don't you taste everything and let me know if the dishes are fine?" I say quickly.

My mom scrunches her brows and nods. As she walk to the kitchen, I gather the courage to open the door.

"Hey Moon." Nick smiles at me with a huge bouquet of roses in his hands. I go out and close the door a little so that no one can see us.

"Hey." I catch my breath. He places the bouquet on the floor and places his hands on my shoulder.
"Is something wrong baby?" He asks with a concern in his voice that melts my heart. All I want to do is hug him so hard we can't breathe.

"Nick. Actually..... there's a little problem. Actually......my paren-"

"What's taking so long Hayley?" My eyes
widen at my mom's voice. Before I can think of anything, my mom opens the door and steps out. Nick and my mom blink at each other in confusion. Oh god. What should I do? I can't tell my mom like this. She deserves a rightful explanation.

"Uh..... Nick, this is my mom. And mom, this is Nick."

Nick's eyes widen for a second. "Hi mam. I'm Nicholas Parker." He says as he holds out his hand to my mom. She examines his hand as if it's an alien's hand but she shakes it and says, "I'm Hayley's mother. Sarah."

We three stand in an awkward silence till my mom breaks it. "So who's he? And what is he doing here hay?"

"Um mom actually he's my-my........boss! He's my boss."

My mom raises her brows expecting me to talk more. "Actually I accidentally brought an important file home which he needed urgently. And I had this date with myself thing so he came over to pick it up. Right Nicholas?" I look over at him hoping he plays along.

"Yes mam." He says dryly.

My mom goes into thinking for a few moments then says, "Nice boss you have, Hay. I'm going to go inside. You both can carry on. Nice to meet you, Nicholas."
Nick gives her a small nod and then she walk into my house. I let out a sigh of relief and look at Nick.

"Thank you Ni-"

"Boss?" Nick interrupts me with ice in his voice.

"Nick, I can explain. I just didn't want my parents to k-"

"To know about us?" He asks with hurt in his tone. I shake my head and open my mouth to explain but he doesn't let me. "I don't know what is the reason, Hayley. But you very well know that I'm way more than just your boss."