After being done with everything I just moved towards my shoes and my phone rang. It was Pratham bhaiya saying that he had reached. I swiftly wear my white sneakers and rush down. Earlier I had decided not to wear those because I feared that they might get dirty in such a huge crowd. But fortunately Akshay bhaiya had managed some VVIP tickets for us through one of his friends who was an influnencer in India. That would save my shoes I'd thought, atleast a little bit.

As soon as I reached out of the main gate of the hostel I saw Pratham bhaiya on his Bullet, waiting for me.

"Sorry yaar bhaiya.", I said while hopping onto his bike.

"Arre koi baat nahi Aru, we were just worried kyuki tum calls utha hi nahi rahi thi, match ka utna tension nahi tha dost."

"I know, I know. I'll make sure ki abse silent pe rakhke na soyun. Sowwie"

"Chalo chalo, bas karo abhi sorry puran. Maaregi varna tumhari behen tumhe." he laughed.

Soon enough we reached at my didi's flat. All were already seated in the car waiting for us. I got down and Pratham bhaiya asked me to go and sit.

"Tum jaao mai bike basement mei park karke aata hun."

"Okay bhaiya."

As soon as I opened the car's door and sat in I was greeted by Gauri didi's sarcasm filled scolding.

"Kya heroine, itna time lena padta kya?", she said while trying to imitate Mumbai's tapori accent and we all laughed out including Akshay bhaiya who was seated in the driving seat and Trisha didi who was seated beside Gauri didi.

Soon Pratham bhaiya came and we all left for Wankhede stadium. After a soul crushing traffic, never ending walk and life threatening crowd we finally reached near our seats and settled down. In about 20 minutes both the teams would come out for the national anthems.

Everyone was chatting and waiting for it to begin. But I on the other side was fighting a completely different battle within my head.

20 minutes. Fucking 20 minutes. 20 minutes later I'll see him. I will see him after somewhat 10 years. Not that I haven't seen him. His pictures have been floating around on social media, bill boards, malls and almost every where. "Shubman Gill, the next big thing in cricket" a magazine had said. But this was 'the Shubman Gill'. Whom I knew was just Shub.

In my trail of thoughts I lost track of time and was brought back by a little nudge from Trisha didi. Only she knew that I would be seeing him after so long. She squeezed my hand a little wanting me to know that it'll be okay.

I smiled and turned my attention towards the ground, the teams had entered for the national anthem. And I saw him after so many years. I almost wanted to cry. By the end of New Zealand's national anthem the feeling sank in. After that I realized that okay, I'm also seeing Virat Kohli there, Rohit Sharma, Jadeja, Surya Kumar Yadav and the entire cricket team in front of my eyes in a three dimensional form. I almost fainted from the excitement.

The match proceeded. We all were restless. India was playing against NZ in the semi finals of World Cup. Flashbacks of the 2019 WC semi final began to cloud my mind. In between Shubman also got injured. The entire stadium's heart was in their throat. But guess what, Shubman again came back and scored amazing run and...and...and... India won against NZ in the semi finals after so many goddamn years. The entire crowd erupted in cheers and cries. Cries of happiness and relief. Shami was the star player who single handedly took 7 freaking wickets.

Everything was amazing but there was a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I knew maybe this was the last time I was seeing him from this close. It hurt but that's how it has been. This is what I tell myself and gather my things to leave. As soon as we leave the stadium, Akshay bhaiya receives a call from his influencer friend, the one who helped us get tickets. What I heard next blew my mind and was capable enough to stop my heart.

Apparently he was supposed to make a reel with Ishan Kishan and Shubman Gill for the world cup and had asked if we wanted to tag along with him and meet them. Obviously everyone had agreed to this. My heart was beating as if it had run a marathon. While leaving the stadium I'd thought that this was probably the last time that I saw him but guess what, here I was, going to meet him. Like actually meet him, face to face. Not that he would recognize me. But still. God bless this influencer friend of Akshay bhaiya.

Just after we reached their hotel in which they were staying and got out of the car, I felt like I've lost the ability to walk. I tried consoling myself by saying that he wouldn't recognize me. But wouldn't it hurt if he really didn't was what my heart asked me back.

Pushing all these thoughts aside I concentrated or atleast tried to concentrate on my walking. Each step felt like a flight of stairs which only took about a millionth of a second to cross.

As we entered the lobby, we could see five to six people busy shooting. The lobby was emptied for the shoot probably since there was nobody else there. But he was there. Shubman was there busy doing some actions, perhaps for the reel that they were shooting. We went near. Fortunately they'd just got done with there shooting. Pleasantries were exchanged followed up with photo sessions. I was only part of the group photos, I did not take photos with them separately. Why? Even I don't know that. But before leaving, once every one was done clicking separate selfies and photos with both Ishan and Shubman, I went up to Shubman and forwarded my little diary and pen. I always carried that diary with me, for the most random things and also for noting down the important things as well. Thank God I did that.

"Can I please get an autograph?", I asked politely. It took so much of mental preparation to just open my mouth in front of him, but I did it guys.

"Sure!" he replied with a very kind smile even after such a tiring day. But the next thing he said completely threw me off the edge.

"What's your name?". That's it. I stud there for without any movement for good five to seven seconds to be exact. He asked my name to give me a good note with the autograph. Finally, with every ounce of hope and courage within me I said, "Aradhana Singh".

And his hand started writing. I felt relieved that everything was fine. But a second later gloominess started to fill my heart. He did not recognize me.

Just as this feeling was settling in my heart, he looked up with an undefined emotion in his eyes. His hand stopped writing and he asked, "Aradhana Singh??"

"Yes, that's me.", I said with a small smile on my lips.

"No, you're not getting me." he said.

And I stud there confused. Everyone around me had a questioning look on their faces. Even they couldn't understand what was happening.

"I'm sorry??" Those were the only words that escaped my mouth not knowing what else to speak.

He took a couple of seconds or perhaps a little more but replied again with, "Aru??". God!!! This was getting difficult for me. Hearing him say my nickname after so many years made me quite emotional. But I stud there still, making no movement at all. When I did not reply, he said another word which completely made me loose it.

With all the hopes in this world and moist eyes while looking straight at me, he asked again, "Rani-Pari???"

That was it, I no longer had the power in me to stay silent to that. How could I stay silent to that? How could I stay silent to the call of my childhood friend?

"Haan Balveer.", I replied with a couple of tear drops falling out of my eyes and a smile on my lips.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is it for today guys. The first chapter. Yes, they're childhood friends. But there is a lot of drama that is going to happen. This is going to be a long and detailed book filled with love and romance and of course, life tragedies. Suggestions are always welcomed. Please add a star and do comment. You guys commenting on this story would literally mean the world to me. I'll make sure every second you spend in reading this book is worthy of it.

Thank you so much for reading till the end.

MUCH LOVE, M.