Book 3 - Titan's Curse: Chapter 1: Huntress & Annabeth disappear.

Start from the beginning

I woke up in Artemis's personal tent, with the goddess herself whipping me off with a wet cloth.

I moved to sit up. "Thank you."

She looked at me solemnly. "Don't thank me. Annabeth was taken. Monster chatter implies that she's going to be used to free Atlas. Also, they seem to be looking for "The Bane of Olympus" which is probably Typhon."

I debunked this. "My dad informed me that he saw ships looking for Ophiotaurus, but Bessie is currently being kept as Tyson's pet, Bessie."

She looked at me & deadpanned. "It's male."

I responded with "I didn't know that until after I named it."

Artemis is tall and possesses a well-built body. She has shoulder-length raven-black hair and striking silver-grey eyes that can easily intimidate when she is angry. Artemis is extremely beautiful and lovelier than all her attendants.

She had a face of such beauty that it made me catch my breath when I first saw her, cold and bright eyes as silvery yellow as the winter, and auburn hair gathered back in a ponytail.

She pulled me in & spoke with conviction. "I will go to rescue Annabeth on my own. Once your injuries are deemed healed by my brother or Chiron, you will serve as co-lead with Zoe & a team of 10 hunters & 10 campers to provide reinforcements."

I nodded & after we ate, we were all carried on board Apollo's bus, with Pegasi getting a horse trailer.

Zoe sat next to me, Drew & Piper.

She asked, "You know the plan?"

I nodded.

Camp Half-Blood, Long Island, New York, 7:00 pm

We arrived right as Capture the Flag was about to start.

We were exempt due to injuries & went to bed, as we were mostly healed, but still needed rest.

I noticed my dad had put a fountain I could use for Iris messages in, but I wasn't interested.

I showered & went to sleep.

Dream

I saw Annabeth & Artemis being forced at spear point to take Atlas's burden from Luke.

Luke had gray streaks in his hair.

The ruins of Mt. Othrys made the area look like a cave, with the sky as a roof crushing the 2 girls.

Reality

12/15/07, Saturday

Camp Half-Blood, Long Island, New York, 8:00am

Apparently, Clarisse couldn't lead the campers to victory, so the score is tied up.

The Strategoi/Boeotarchs were Clarisse, Thalia, Annabeth, Bianca, Nico, Lee Fletcher, Silena, Drew & Piper.

Drew being the Navarch, thus leading the navy, that now represents 10% of our forces.

Like all government offices in New Greece, they serve a decade term, but can't run for a sequential term.

I have been trying to push through laws that would prevent people from holding multiple roles in government, like me being Polemarch, Heliast & Eponymous Archon, due to that leading to kings & we Hellens really hate kings.

Division of power is essential for justice & liberty to thrive, but the people seem to think our government isn't stable enough yet.

Given there's nobody that qualifies as a citizen of New Greece yet, they're kind of right.