Book 3 - Titan's Curse: Chapter 1: Huntress & Annabeth disappear.

12/14/07, Friday

Westover Hall, Bar Harbor, Maine, 5:00pm

Percy POV

We were sent on 10-person extermination mission to kill monsters in this area.

I lead Annabeth, Thalia, Drew, Piper, Bianca, Nico, Will, Castor & Pollux.

Me, Annabeth, Drew & Piper squished together on Blackjack.

Bianca, Nico & Will shared a ride, as did Thalia with the twins.

I saw a manticore & ripped the so-called Dr. Thorn apart with his blood.

Why was he here? He was Persian.

While there is no secret Persian society, like us, the Egyptians are led by someone obsessed with Persia. They'd be a much better target.

I used a locator spell to feel out the area.

Scythian Dracaena – 200 strong

Hellhounds – 300 strong

Harpies – 70 strong

Manticores – 20 strong

Drakon - 10

The Colchian Dragon – Ally, a servant of Ares

Crommyonian Sow

Clazmonian Sow

The Hunters of Artemis - Ally

I told them what I found.

Drew, annoyed, asked "Can't Iskandar send someone of Persian descent to deal with the manticores? They're not supposed to be our problem."

Annabeth, calmly annoyed, stated "Given the number of monsters in the area is much greater than expected & their locations, this was a trap!"

I agreed with a nod, before continuing "Nothing we can do about it. Let us try to defend the school until the Hunters & Dragon arrive."

We split up & surrounded the school.

Me, Thalia & Bianca kept our Pegasi as we were the best in mounted combat.

Sure enough, a horde approached.

I tore through them with my arrows & javelins, but my stamina was running low.

We each needed to defeat about 60 enemies, or at least hold them off.

I saw the pork chops approaching & killed them with my arrows.

As I was getting tired, I heard mighty roars & hunter horns blow.

The hunters of Artemis, with the Kalydonian Boar, were tearing through them.

From what I could hear, the dragon was doing the same on the opposite end.

Having 2 giant monsters on opposite sides makes sense strategically.

As everything calmed down, I learned that I had killed about 100 enemies, as most of them were going after me, with the rest going after Thalia, Bianca, or Nico.

They sent nearly half their forces after me, while the other 3 only had to deal with a little less than 100 each, as the rest just had to take care of those trying sneak attacks.

Thalia defeated all the enemies sent after her without help, but Nico & Bianca almost died.

We made our way to the hunters' camp to treat our wounds.

I had to be carried off Blackjack, due to how exhausted I was.

Westover Hall, Bar Harbor, Maine, 6:00pm