; floyd // "missed me?" 💐

Start from the beginning

you began to write a letter, putting it on the dining table.

you opened the wooden door of your house, and began your journey!
sure you have no idea where to go, but you do remember floyd mentioning something about 'mount ra-...ran..'.. actually, you don't really remember.. but that's fine! you WILL figure it out! no matter WHAT.

[ y/ns pov ]

i march in the direction i saw him walking when he left, i remembered like it was yesterday or something.
my fist sealed together.
a stern smile on my face.
i walked by a couple of trolls on my way, they all waved to me as i felt.
i accidentally nudged one of them with my shoulder. they had a big bouquet of flowers in their hand, covering their face.
i spun around by the sudden nudge, and so did the other troll.

"oh! ..sorry," i awkwardly laughed, taking a light note of the trolls appearance before turning away.
they had blue skin.
and also dark shorts.
red hair with some white..
sorta familiar..🤔
anyway!
i turned away, walking a couple of feet.
i'm gonna save floyd! >:) yessir!-
wait.
.
.
.
i turned around.

the troll was still facing me.

and suddenly, they peered their head out and away from the flowers that blocked their face.
.
.
"y/n.." he mumbles with a soft expression, a gentle and relieved smile on his face.
.
.
floyd??
i was shell shocked, standing there for what felt like eternity, but i was frozen.

"..are you mad?" he asks, i assume over the fact he's been GONE for so LONG.
but no.
i wasn't mad at all.

a huge grin appeared on my face.
i raced to him, hugging him tightly. squishing the flowers on accident.

"you're okay!! what happened!- why is your hair kinda white? of course i'm not mad! why did you leave for so long-!!" i bombarded him with many questions without realizing, but i was excited. and confused.

"heh, slow down," he chuckle.
"..these are for you.." he held out the large bundle of flowers.
i grabbed them, they then covered my face, so i had to peak over to see him.

"it's actually kinda a long story..y'know..for what happened.." he nervously grinned.

"how about we go back home.. and i can tell you there," floyd suggests.
i nodded, he grabbed my wrist that wrapped around the part flowers and he directed me the way to home.

once we got there i sat the flowers down by the door.
while i was doing so, i heard him ask, "what's this?"
i glanced up, seeing paper in his hand, but he want reading it, he was just giving me a questioning look.
he turned to start reading it, and that's when i realized.. that's the note i left for him.

"wait!" i yelled, snatching the paper and ripping it apart.
"..uhh.. it's nothing," i shrugged, looking around.
his questioning expression became more confused. but he passed it off.

he hugged everything that happened moments before and began to tightly hug me.

"i've missed you so much," he mumbles through my shoulder.
i was a little tense, but quickly i softened. hugging him back.

"missed me?" i repeated.
.
.
"i bet i missed you more," i chuckled softly. and so did he.

"you don't even know," he hummed.
i'm guessing he went through a lot since he's been gone.
and for that, i wanted to know everything.

i sat down at the dining table after breaking apart from the hug.

"tell me about it," i murmured, resting my chin on my palm.

i was ready for a long conversation.
but it was longer than i expected.

i didn't realize he went through so much.
i wish i left sooner.
but also.. what are the odds as soon as i left, he came back. ?
if i left an hour before.. we probably would've missed each other right off the bat.

it's so weird how coincidences work..
but i'm glad that happened either way.

it's night time, i laid in my large circle bed, i remember a while ago when floyd used to sleep with me all the time, and whenever we woke up he'd be sleeping on top of me, like a magnet. no matter if we were on opposite sides of the bed either.
and since he's been gone, i forgot what that felt like.
but i guess now i can remember.
i closed my eyes, waiting for him to sleep as well, he wasn't in the bed yet.
i could hear him shuffling.
he lifted the blankets, and crawled into the warmth.
but i didn't expect to feel a weight on top of me.
i cracked my eyes open, confused.
he was laying on top of me.

"huh?" i mumbled, turning to meet his face.

"i used to always accidentally sleep on you.. i never meant to do that before... it was just a habit.." he explains, "but now.. i don't want to leave your side.. i haven't had a good sleep in months," he chuckled gently.

a small smile appeared on both our faces.
i shifted so that him and i could be more comfortable.
hugging him.

"well this isn't perfect anyways," i hummed.
i hadn't gotten a good sleep in a while also. but i didn't wanna compare my loneliness to the fact he was held captive and physically couldn't get a good sleep [ 💀 ]
all i can understand is the way i feel though.
and i feel happy.
i'm glad he's back.
i've missed him so much.
and he's missed me.

and we can finally get a good night rest.

[ end 😨 ]

i'm sorry y'all this is honestly a bit crappy, i feel like a rushed this?? 😭 but idk, i really hope u guys liked it 😞🙏
xoxo y'all, GOODNIGHTTT! 💕 😘

also i kept making so much mistakes in this chapter so i'm sorry if i forgot to change some 😭 i feel drunk with the lack of sleep smhhh 🤷‍♀️😋