FAILURES .ᐟ : g. suguru

Start from the beginning

"You can always come to me if you need anything, alright?" The teacher attempts to comfort.

"Mhm. I should—" Y/N looks out the door, turning her head away as tears prickle in the corner of her eyes. "I should get going now, thanks!"

Y/N rushes out the door before the teacher could get another word in, turning down into a nearby hallway as she slows her pace into a walk.

Y/N breathes in and out shakily, leaning her back against the cold wall behind her, knees finally giving out as she sinks to the floor.

Y/N inhales sharply, eyes blown wide in shock as she brings her knees to her chest; crossing her arms atop them and burying her head in them.

They're going to be so mad.

The realization washes over Y/N like an ice-cold bucket of water— nails digging into her skin deep enough to draw blood but Y/N pay's no mind to that; unable to focus on anything other than how upset they're going to be.

What... What if they take her out of this school? What if they don't let her hang out with her friends at all anymore? What if—

"—/N, Y/N." A familiar voice calls, Y/N flinching as she looks up, blinking away the tears fogging her vision to see—

"Su... Suguru?" Y/N questions, forgoing any honorifics as she looks up at her upperclassman and lover.

"Aren't— Aren't you s'posed to be hanging out with Gojo-senpai and... and Ieiri-senpai?" Y/N mumbles, watching with confused E/C eyes as Suguru moves to take a seat next to her rather than continuing to stand over her like he was moments earlier.

"You're much more important than that." Suguru says matter-of-factly, and maybe if it were any other day; under different circumstances, Y/N would've blushed and told him to cut it out with the sappy stuff.

Y/N couldn't bring herself to even open her mouth, allowing the words to hang in the air with no refutal; although the way a frown settles on her face made her disagreement all too apparent.

Y/N brings her knees closer to her chest, looking down at the ground infront of her in shame— knowing her previous state was probably pathetic.

Really? Breaking down like that in public? Y/N thinks in utter humiliation— remembering the painful feeling of her lungs constricting in her chest; labored breaths not allowing her to get air properly.

"Y/N," Suguru's concerned voice forces Y/N to look up again, tear-stained eyes meeting worried purple ones.

Y/N mentally winces at the sight of her lover wasting time being so concerned over her of all people.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time, I'm... good, now." Y/N tries to give a placating smile towards Suguru but it's only returned with an unimpressed look, him not believing her for even a second.

Y/N frowns slightly at the look— wanting him to stop concerning himself with looking over her; she's nearly an adult, she can do it herself.

"Suguru, I'm fine, I just.." Y/N hesitates, tearing her gaze away.

What if he could help? A traitorous voice in her head whispers. What if you allowed yourself this one time to just—

"Can you hold me?" Y/N blurts out the question before she can spiral back into a hole of doubt.

A look of surprise crosses Suguru's face, unused to seeing her be so upfront about her wants and requests.

Silence answers her for a moment as Y/N recoils, "Of... of course you don't have to, sorry, that was—"

"Of course." Suguru cuts her off, hand wrapping around her wrist as he drags her closer— halting her previous actions of slowly inching away.

Against her will, Y/N's body melts into his hold, her form draped against his chest with her head against his shoulder, his hands wrapping around her waist.

"You're cold." Y/N notices, immediately contradicting her words as she burries herself deeper in her boyfriend's hold— seeking out his touch.

"Oh?" Suguru hums, curious to her behavior as he tightens his hold around her in a grounding way.

"Good cold." Y/N clarifies, "Like... like snow, snow is soft and feels nice..."

"Do I feel nice to you, then?" Suguru inquires, glancing down at the girl in his hold with a fond look.

"Was that an innuendo?" Y/N's eyes flicker up to meet her boyfriend's amused gaze.

Y/N huffs, wrapping her arms around his torso tighter as she buries her face into the soft coldness of the Jujutsu High uniform— savoring the moment as a content silence falls over them.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

VISIONARY©-solarsaint

VISIONARY
©-solarsaint