𝟏.𝟏

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏; 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

.

.

.

.

As Jackie looks over the party she organised, she smiles knowing her work has paid off. However one small thing is missing. She checks her phone to see if Lucy, the eldest daughter of the Howards, has texted her back. As her worries increase, she sends a quick message asking where they are.

"Jackie!" Selena, the youngest of the three daughters, calls out, smiling proudly at her older sisters.

"Did you check in with the caterers?" Jackie asks, smiling at her sister.

"Canapés are going out in ten minutes" Selena answers.

"Great, thank you" Jackie smiles.

"J this is amazing. I can't believe you pulled it off, the Event Committee is gonna be stocked" Selena tells her sister, admiring the party.

"I seriously couldn't have done it without you so thank you" Jackie tells Selena, "The photo booth alone has raised over a thousand dollars for charity so far, I think I'm gonna run for Events Chair next semester"

"J, we're freshmen. Only juniors and Seniors can be committee chairs" Selena points out.

"We'll see" Jackie smiles as she shrugs.

"Why do I get the feeling you're not 100% satisfied with the party?" Selena asks her sister, "Are you expecting someone?" She asks, noticing Jackie constantly looking towards the door.

"It was supposed to be a surprise but I'm so excited I can't not tell you, Lucy's home." Jackie tries to contain her excitement.

"Wait what? C's coming home for spring break?" Selena asks, using the nickname she's been using since she was a baby.

"Yep. We were supposed to surprise you, Mum and Dad picked her up from Bennington earlier" Jackie nods, still excited, "She should be here by now though" 

As Jackie and Selena scan the crowd, Selena notices their Uncle Richard walking towards them.

"Uncle Richard?" Selena asks out loud, in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" Jackie asks in concern.

"Come on" Richard says softly, leading the two girls outside of the event.

.

.

.

.

𝟔 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

As Selena pushes the cart holding their luggage, groaning and complaining, Jackie rolls her eyes at her sister and pulls out her phone to call their Uncle Richard again.