It wasn't the first time Farjaad had seen her, but it was the first time he looked at her. Unabashedly. From head to toe and over again. It was the day he lied just to spend a few moments with her and followed her down the stairs. Umeed hadn't forgotten how his gaze felt and how good it made her feel. It made her feel strong and powerful. She had seen Farjaad Khan lose his senses - and his breath - because of her and the proud feeling never left her.

She wished to feel it again and again, so every morning she would wake up and straighten her hair.

As she looked at her reflection and the curls. she panicked. Farjaad had told her to be ready by the time he gets back and the last thing she wanted was to ruin his mood on this night by being late. It was no surprise how much Farjaad hated being late!

She jumped when the room door opened and began fidgeting with her fingers.

"Hellooo, tayyar ho gayein meri begum sahiba?"

He walked over to give her a quick peck on the cheek as he took his coat off.

"Haan bas wo ..."

"Kya ho gaya?"

"Mujhe bas 15 minute chahiyein."

"Okay par tum tayyar ho to gayi ho already. Phir kyun?"

He saw Umeed playing with a few strands of her hair as she shifted from one foot to the other.

"Wo baal straight karnay hein. Aap fresh ho aayein, bas utni dair mein ho jaaon gi"

Farjaad was in the process of rolling up his sleeves when he stopped and observed her closely, tilting his head.

"You know what, aaj aisay hi rehnay do inhein"

"Aisay? Please, hum dinner pe ja rahay hein, mein ye bomb phattay baalon ke saath nahi jaaon gi."

"Itnay achay to lag rahay hein. Tum kabhi aisay kyun nahi rakhti inhein?"

Farjaad had always been so fascinated by her beauty as a whole, that he didn't stop and wonder that she had always been straightening her hair, till he saw it not being that way.

"Itna time nahi lagaoon gi pakka, ye jhoot bolnay ki zaroorat nahi hai۔"

Farjaad furrowed his eyebrows as he took a step towards her.

"Mein jhoot nahi bol raha. Waqaye achay lag rahay hein, itnay time baad ye curls dekhay hein. I missed them"

He pulled a strand of her hair and twirled it around his finger. Umeed kept looking at him with her mouth agape.

"Aisay kya dekh rahi ho?"

"Aap ko ye acha lag raha hai? Ye jhaar?"

"Aisay kyun keh rahi ho, Umeed?"

"Kyun ke mujhe pata hai ke is tarah mere baal kitnay buray lagtay hein. Hamesha se nafrat rahi hai mujhe in se, ajeeb har waqt -"

"Haan par mujhe to is hi tarah, in hi baalon mein tum se muhabbat hui thi na."

He tucked a stand behind her ear and let his hand rest on her cheek.

"Aap mazaaq kar rahay hein"

"Bilkul bhi nahi! Pehli baar jab tum meri gaari mein aa ke bethi thi, us hi din mere dil mein ghentiyan bajnay lag gayi thein. Aur ghaaliban us roz aap ke baal aisay hi lag rahay thay, haina?"

"Haan"

Umeed looked down at her hands as she fidgeted with her fingers nonstop. Farjaad saw her nervous state as he put his hand on hers and brought her to the bed, sitting her down.