“E ano ngayon!” Tumayo ako. Dahil ginalit nya ako, Kinuha ko yung dala-dala nyang mga papel at pinagpupunit ko sa harap nya.

“What are doing! That’s our project!” Galit na sabi nya at tumayo din!

“That’s what you get for bothering me!”

“I’m not bothering you, I’m trying to make you work with me! Like a real partner!”

“Well you don’t need me! Nobody does!!!!! And don’t you dare pretend being my friend! I’m nobody’s friend!”

“I want to be your friend. You just have to open up a bit and stop being so selfish!” hinawakan nya ang kamay ko.

I retreated my hand and push her away. Tumalikod ako at galit na umalis…

“Wait! Wait……… Dyllan…….. wait….. help….. me….. I …. Can’t ……………. Can’t  …………… breath…… “

What? Tumalikod ako at nagulat ako sa nakita ko, nakaluhod si Chloe at hawak hawak nya ang kanyang dibdib, putlang pulta ang mukha nya na para bang hindi makahinga.

Natakot ako at tumakbo sa kinalalagyan nya…

“Chloe…. What’s happening?  “

“Can’t ….. Breath… call my …. Mom… speed….. dial…. 1. “ Tinuturo nya yung bulsa nya kung saan nakalagay yung cell phone…

Dali-dali kong kinuha at pinindot yung 1. After 3 rings, sumagot ang isang babae, her mom.

“Chloe?”

“Chloe can’t breath… please come immediately!”

“WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED!”

“I don’t know ma’am, but please hurry..”

“I;m on my way, take her to the clinic now. They will know what to do.”

“Yes ma’am”

Ibinalik ko sa bulsa ni Chloe yung cell phone nya.

“C’mon Chloe… stay with me ok… I’m going to take you to the clinic right now… “

Tumango sya. I put her arms over my shoulder and half carried her across the campus to the clinic. I’m really worried for she is sooo pale and she’s really having a hard time breathing.

“hey… chloe… have I told you that you really look pretty?” I said trying to make her smile just a bit… but she just snorted. “Not just pretty but nice too. I’m really sorry back there… just be ok… I promise that I’ll be a better friend… that is… if you still want me to be friends with you.” I kept on talking, hoping that she will resposnd.. but she’s having a really hard time… and I get really worried.

Nung dumating kami sa clinic, as if yung staff ay inaabangan na kami. Maybe Chloe’s mom called them. They took Chloe and lied her in bed.

“What’s the matter with her?”I asked anxiously. “Will she be alright?”

Hindi ako pinapansin ng mga nurse.

“TELL ME! WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH HER!” parang noon lang nila ako napansin. Lumapit sa kin yung 1 nurse.

“She’ll be alright, the ambulance is on its way together with her mom. So don’t worry. Now go back to class. ” She said trying to smile, but her eyes betrayed her and she looks scared..

“No, this is all my fault.  I want to be with her just to make sure she’s alright.”

“Your presence here will not make a difference. Now go back to class” She said