Chapter 4: Avian Get back

Start from the beginning

She ran up to Issei, grabbing onto his arm much to the boy's confusion. Why was Misty still following him? She has her bike, she didn't need to follow him.

Unknown to Issei, Fennekin stared at the orange-haired girl and grew a jealous expression.

Issei: "Um, Misty. What's wrong and why are you following me?"

Misty: "Get it away from me, get it away from me!"

Issei raised an eyebrow.

Issei: "What?"

She then pointed at something as Issei looked and saw some bushes moving, putting him on guard as he was prepared to give Fennekin an order. But his worry soon faded as he saw that from the bushes came a small worm-like Pokémon that is mainly green in color with a tan underside. Just below its head were four, tiny legs, and on top of its head was a red, "y-shaped" antenna.

Issei raised an eyebrow at the Pokémon, confused on why Misty was so afraid of it as he took out his Pokédex

Pokedex: {"Caterpie, the Bug Pokémon. Its short feet are tipped with suction pads that enable it to tirelessly climb slopes and walls"}

Issei: "Ooh, a Bug type Pokémon"

Misty: "Keep it away, keep it away!"

Issei turned his head toward Misty. Was she afraid of the Caterpie? The Pokedex said that it was harmless to humans. Why was she so afraid of it?

Unless....

Issei: "Misty, are you afraid of bugs?"

Misty glared at Issei.

Misty: "So what if I am!? Bugs are one of the three most disgusting things in the world!"

Hearing this caused Issei to roll his eyes. Now she was being overdramatic.

Issei: "Besides your attitude, what's the other disgusting thing?"

Misty got offended by the boy's words as he walked over to Caterpie, who looked up at the human in front of it.

Issei gave it a gentle smile as he kneeled down to the Bug Pokémon, who tilted its head.

Issei: "Hello, Caterpie. I'm Issei, it's nice to meet you"

Caterpie: "Pie?"

Issei slowly lifted his hand to the Pokémon, startling it at first, but it soon calmed down as Issei slowly began to pet Caterpie on the head, going slowly and gently so he wouldn't harm it.

Caterpie closed its eyes as it nuzzled its face into the boy's hands, making him chuckle in amazement. He fully expected the Caterpie to get scared of him and run off back to the forest. However, he was glad that he proved to the worm Pokémon that he meant no harm.

Fennekin watched her master give the wild Pokémon affection, which made her happy that she got such a kind person as a trainer. But it also made her a little jealous because Fennekin feels like she should be the one getting all her master's affection. But she knew that at some point Issei will add more Pokémon to his team, and she will have to learn to be nice with them when that happens since they will technically be family.