o. my life with cole walter

rio summerhill lay on her bed. she hugged her teddy bear—lovingly named marshmallow by her when she was four—close to her side as flashes of lighting struck outside her window.

"ri! come down for dinner." skylar—her brother—called out front downstairs. "coming!"

rio sighed, pulling herself up. she reached for her jacket when a knock on her window startled her. "cole?"

cole walter pushed open the window. the blond quickly climbed in and pulled off his jacket, "cole, what are you doing here?"

"can't i just come to see my favourite girl... in the middle of a storm?" he chuckled—nervously—but quietened down when the brunette crossed her arms over her chest. "okay, erin and i had another fight."

"cole..."

"it was stupid. i just really don't want to talk about it." rio placed her hand on his shoulder, nodding.

"rio summerhill i will finish the rest of the spaghetti if you don't come down here." mato—her father—threatened from the kitchen.

cole let out a breathy laugh as rio huffed, "you just stay here, i'll be right back." she drummed her fingers on the edge of her door, "wait, have you eaten yet? i'll bring you some food up anyway."

cole smiled watching her leave.

rio hopped down the stairs, smiling at her family, "ah there she is." mato exclaimed.

"not for long. actually, sky, could i get another bowl? cole is upstairs and i'm not sure if he's eaten."

"cole walter? here? right now?" mato questioned, rio nodded, "did george never teach that kid how to use a door? i think i have to start locking that window of yours."

sky and rio eyed each other, snickering, "thanks sky."

"here you go. dad's famous spaghetti bolognese." rio served the bowl of delicious noodles to the blond lying on her bed, "and get off, you're wetting my bed."

"am i now?" cole smirked. rio rolled her eyes.

the two sat in a comfortable silence, rio's eyes glued to her laptop watching New Girl, "haven't you seen this like a thousand times already?"

rio waved the blond off—her eyes not wavering from the screen, "yes... and i'll watch it a thousand more times."

cole grunted, pushing himself off the bed. rio shut her laptop, "cole, what happened?"

"i told you i don't want to talk about it."

"well you're clearly stressed out about it because you're pacing." the blond stopped right in his track, staring blankly at the brunette.

"fine," rio flailed her arms in the air, "you win. we won't talk about."

"thank you." the blond plopped into the egg chair in the corner of the room.

"hey..." cole looked up, "when's that girl coming to stay with you guys? the one your mom mentioned the other day when i was over."

"oh right. i'm pretty sure tomorrow."

"it really is horrible what happened." rio had heard all about the howard family's deadly car accident, it was all over the news, "i can't imagine what she must be going through."

"yeah... i bet moving here wouldn't be much of a help." cole muttered.

"especially with all you boys in the house—" rio added.

"we are not that bad." cole faked offence, throwing a pillow at the brunette. rio easily caught it. "you come over all the time and you love us."

"there is a big difference between coming over and living there, cole. especially if you've never had brothers or a big family before. it's a hard adjustment." rio responded, "maybe i could come over tomorrow."

cole raised an eyebrow, "were you not planning too before?"

"your mom invited me for lunch, of course i'm coming. i just mean—i could come a little earlier? maybe help new girl get settled."

"why not."

"perfect."

SUNNY SPEAKS
quick little prologue complete babyyyyy!! i love their relationship so far :)