Introduction

Book 6, dear lord

Here we go again with me being completely baffled as to how and why we're here. This story has taken up so much of my life now, and so much of other peoples from what I know. Reading it time and time again, waiting for the next chapter to drop. The idea that things like that would happen when I first started writing was laughable, but now it's an almost daily occurrence. What can I even say?

The last intro was excessively long so I'll keep this one brief, however, I do need to address the Abraxan in the room.

No, this book is not called Half-Blood Prince, Yes, it is based on that book.

The entire Half-Blood Prince plotline is so Harry-centric that there is no reasonable way that I can attribute the name to Y/N's story. As I've always said, this isn't Harry's story. The two run in parallel but they aren't the same (mostly).

That then led me to what to do with this book. Well, the simple answer is, until the back half of Order, I had no idea. And that's why a particular chapter sprang out of the works during that story and set up what I'd do for this one. Based on the title, you can probably guess which.

The idea for this book spiralled from there and I ended up very happy with it. I've just reached a difficult point with some of the character relationships.

Certain characters may talk less or have fewer back and forths etc. during this book. That is simply because they've run out of things to talk about. These characters have been friends for so many years that it just doesn't work as well anymore. They've spoken about everything. Meaning there will be more internal dialogues or conversations with characters who so far, have taken the back burner. I said this would happen a few intros ago but I'm just clarifying here.

That does not mean that Y/N will never speak to the trio again. But the more subdued and quiet moments may be fewer and far between mostly because I need new material and they've already done and discussed a lot together. Doubts and misgivings are fading away, giving in to trust and respect. And that doesn't need to be said more than once or twice.

The other issue is just the theme and setting of this book and the next, dark, dreary, everything is going wrong. I mean most of JKR's content here was relationship drama which I can't and won't pull on. There is no "Hermione secretly harbours a crush on Ron". She and Y/N have been soulmates since day 1 and will remain as such. So, I had to come up with new stuff.

That's about it. The story is just getting darker, I can't help it, and Y/N only gets more and more stressed, meaning those light-hearted moments will become fleeting and only under the correct circumstances, otherwise, his mind is alert, wandering, and planning. And as I mentioned, there are only so many ways I can have the quartet mock each other.

The tempo change has been weird to get used to, and I've beaten myself up about it more than once. But I've just had to accept that I need to do it, especially for this book. I have most of book 7 penned down already. So that should recover some ground if this one happens to lose any.

There are also a couple of ideas within this story that are entirely my own. Normally I tend to avoid doing that, brand new items, contraptions, spells, concepts etc. But recently it kind of sunk in that, this is a world of magic, anything is possible. So, please do come into this with an open mind.

This is hardly to say that I'll be breaking lore. It's along the same line as the illusion spells, things that are spoken about as though pre-established, but not well known. Though never mentioned in the original.

You know me, you know how I work. I don't want to break any of the original stuff because I rely on it so much to make my story feel legit, but just know that this once more has my little author twists on it to make it more fun, and lead into what I've got planned for book 7, which is a big one.

And also, a final point to make. I go off-script, a lot. You're finally going to see more of my own unique scenes, ideas and concepts forcing their way into the story. I've gotten confident enough to do it now, so here we are. Even things you expect to go one way in the book will potentially go completely differently here.

Small changes that lead to domino effects in later scenes. You'll see as you read, but it's my way of showing how Y/N's presence affects the world now that he's older and much more talented.

As always, this is the sixth book in the series. If you are starting here, go backwards, nothing will make sense, and I mean, nothing, I have changed too many rules and pre-conceptions at this point that it only really makes sense if you've read beginning to end.

Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you all soon!

And of course, Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter and all characters displayed in this fiction are the property of JKR. The only characters that I own are my own OC's